• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leasing a car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    There's a good point. Instead of claiming mileage in future (which we cant) will it be better to provide yourself with a company car?

But don't company car drivers get hit if they do lots of personal miles in a company car?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      Hey , welcome on my ship. I'm fighting every day with myself not to buy that damn deprecating pussy magnet so far having my seat Ibiza 1.2 and impressing my granny at most .
      But hey , houses first , right ?

As for the topic: it's never economically sensible to lease or pcp. It's better to take it on a loan , and sell after 3 years. Did the math and it's just massive waste of cash.
      Maybe my maths is cack, but I reckoned after two years the spend was about the same when leasing.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        There's a good point. Instead of claiming mileage in future (which we cant) will it be better to provide yourself with a company car?
        Not quite, we would still be able to claim milage, but it would be treated as income for tax purposes. So claiming £500 a month in milage would leave you with a £100 tax bill at the basic rate.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

have a look at this bmw 3 on lease - 150 + vat a month for 2 years. sounds like a great deal ? BMW 3 Series Car Leasing & Contract Hire Deals UK - What Car? Leasing

there are 2 problems - 8000miles pa and it's only business hire - and that would involve BIK wouldnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            But don't company car drivers get hit if they do lots of personal miles in a company car?
            You do if the co. pays for the fuel. Pay personal fuel costs yourself and you only pay the BIK on the car.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I have been looking at getting a new car and looked at the leasing, but for someone like me - who keeps cars for a long time (current car will be 12 in Dec) and has no desire to have a new one every 3 years. Buying is best.
              The problem I have is that all cars look the same and are dull, dull, dull
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

have a look at this bmw 3 on lease - 150 + vat a month for 2 years. sounds like a great deal ? BMW 3 Series Car Leasing & Contract Hire Deals UK - What Car? Leasing

there are 2 problems - 8000miles pa and it's only business hire - and that would involve BIK wouldnt it?
                I did it on a personal lease through lingscars, had the quote include 20k miles (excessive mileage @ 2.7p not the normal 8p+, not as flashy a car as above as we went for a Nissan Note approx £16175, monthly £235, total cost over 24 months inc initial rental = £6110

Sainsbury loan over 2 years for £15000 = £647/month = £15528 total - £9750 (car value?) + £1000= £6778, value of car after 2 years say 65%??

Not much in it, no need to sell car\part ex for another, new car in 2 years
                Last edited by gables; 22 October 2015, 08:52.

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                  I did it on a personal lease through lingscars, had the quote include 20k miles (excessive mileage @ 2.7p not the normal 8p+, not as flashy a car as above as we went for a Nissan Note approx £16175, monthly £235, total cost over 24 months inc initial rental = £6110

Sainsbury loan over 2 years for £15000 = £647/month = £15528 total - £9750 (car value?) + £1000= £6778, value of car after 2 years say 65%??

Not much in it, no need to sell car\part ex for another, new car in 2 years
                  was their website hacked or something? CAR LEASING CHEAP LEASE CARS SALES CAR LEASING CHEAP BUSINESS HIRE DEALS

Comment

It's a cracking site eh? Once I got over the initial wtf moment, I actually found it likeable, maybe just because it's not all corporate boring.

I have to say this; communicating with Lings and doing this lease with them has been a dream, car arrives tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                      It's a cracking site eh? Once I got over the initial wtf moment, I actually found it likeable, maybe just because it's not all corporate boring.

I have to say this; communicating with Lings and doing this lease with them has been a dream, car arrives tomorrow
                      I can't... just can't. I think i'm going to write to them and sell myself as internet marketing advisor.

Comment

Working...
                      X