• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

letter from seat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the letter from VW yesterday. Am I the only one who doesn't give a tulip? Am actually in the process in ordering a new VW passat diesel, some good deals to be made at the moment.

Comment

Same power, but with lower CO2.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        Just got a letter from seat, that my car is affected by VW scandal . They are recalling it for servicing but any idea what they will change? For better or for worse?

I got one for the boss's Tiguan (2L 170bhp). And their letter says they don't know what they'll be doing yet, nor do they say when they will be bringing the car in for the fix.

So, when? No idea.
        What are they going to do? No idea.
        Will it affect the car's performance/economy/emissions in normal driving? No idea.
        Will it affect the car's performance/economy/emissions when undergoing an MOT? No idea.

But, if you read certain places, the engines pollute 40x more than they are supposed to, you'll be given a free car and your house price has just gone down because of the immigrants who know who killed Di.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          I got one for the boss's Tiguan (2L 170bhp). And their letter says they don't know what they'll be doing yet, nor do they say when they will be bringing the car in for the fix.

So, when? No idea.
          What are they going to do? No idea.
          Will it affect the car's performance/economy/emissions in normal driving? No idea.
          Will it affect the car's performance/economy/emissions when undergoing an MOT? No idea.

But, if you read certain places, the engines pollute 40x more than they are supposed to, you'll be given a free car and your house price has just gone down because of the immigrants who know who killed Di.
          Yep mine letter says they have no idea what they are doing or when but its top priority for them .

Comment

id there not s bit at the bottom of the letter you can sign to say you are happy with your car and could not give two hoots about lying exec's and quite frankly you are not going to take any time out of your day to help a company sort out the fookin mess their supposedly honest and upfront board have made....

I mean - person at the top lies through his teeth makes millions walks away completely scott free whilst x million motorists have to give up time to sort it out

how about fook off

Comment

I thought this would be the interesting musings of a man sitting on the toilet... Sadly I was wrong.... it's just toilet.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I thought this would be the interesting musings of a man sitting on the toilet... Sadly I was wrong.... it's just toilet.
                Well surprise surprise seats and all other diesels from VW group are affected. Not sure if you knew that

Comment

I doubt he gives a toss.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

For emissions4 Skoda vRS stuck a blanking plate on the some bit inside the EGR. It meant it improved emissions but you got a stutter on throttle lift off-on. Annoying as hell. Factory recall to drill a hole in the plate to 'pass' the emissions but also make the car more drivable.

This is what I predict here, a hardware solution that will give a carp throttle response. Only solution is to buy a BMW ;-)
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                      Well surprise surprise seats and all other diesels from VW group are affected. Not sure if you knew that
                      NLUK was going for the SEAT vs seat pun angle. hthbidi
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X