• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3 bedroom Flat for sale in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what, exactly, is the attraction of living in London, other than to say "I live in London"?
    I get up...

Comment

Originally posted by ClothCap View Post
      So what, exactly, is the attraction of living in London, other than to say "I live in London"?
      The incredibly well-paying jobs? The incredible array of food and cultire at your fingertips? The bustling multicultural busyness?

It's not for me though, unless I could afford a nice bit.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

No-one wants to live in London.

However there is an attraction to buying in London. Prices can only go up. Some dodgy foreign gazillionaire will buy this place then leave it empty.

Comment

I presume it is leasehold. At that price it can't have many years left to go...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            The incredibly well-paying jobs? The incredible array of food and cultire at your fingertips? The bustling multicultural busyness?

Up to £100 above my day rate is not going to be "well-paid" living there. And the rest of what you say sounds dire tbh.
            I get up...

Comment

The incredibly well-paying jobs? The incredible array of food and cultire at your fingertips? The bustling multicultural busyness? ...
              Well two out of three isn't bad
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

This ^

I like London. I like working there and I would like to live there, however the cost of buying a house anywhere close to equivalent to what we have now is astronomical. And what we have now isn't OTT. 3 Bed Detached with garage and gardens in a nice area. Even on a decent rate it's pushing it. Looking at '000's per month in mortgage payments and thats going back to a 25 year term when we only have 10 left on the current place.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Up to £100 above my day rate is not going to be "well-paid" living there. And the rest of what you say sounds dire tbh.
                  Day rate in London is probably £300 more p/d for me. There's exceptions but they're few and far between. I relocated a commutable distance for pretty much for that reason.

That said, if property prices weren't so silly I'd probably live in zones 1-2 at least until I have kids. As it is, I've got a 38 year term mortgage outside the M25. =/
                  Last edited by fool; 1 October 2015, 12:10.

Comment

It's handy for the Tube.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      It's handy for the Tube.
                      Ironically I found I liked London a lot more when I stopped using the tube
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X