• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory welfare cuts will destroy benefit of new living wage, research shows

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Anybody that imagines there are any guarantees to be had in life are always going to be
    So you are mentally prepared for your pension to be drastically less than you imagine?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      So you are mentally prepared for your pension to be drastically less than you imagine?
      No, I am prepared to adapt to any eventuality. Always have been.
      But if it all goes wrong I sure as sh*t won't be blaming it on anyone else but myself.
      Me not being a needy fooker with an over-inflated sense of entitlement and all.

HTH BIDI
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

No, I am prepared to adapt to any eventuality. Always have been.
        But if it all goes wrong I sure as sh*t won't be blaming it on anyone else but myself.
        Me not being a needy fooker with an over-inflated sense of entitlement and all.

HTH BIDI
        Lol boomers take it all then scoff at anyone who challenges how greedy they've been.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Paxman summed it up for me nicely here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-history.html

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Oh goody, another alarmist rant from the Daily Fail.

Here are a few facts that will explain why we managed to go out and prosper in a modern world. You would do well to take a few of these facts on board.

We drank water from the tap not a bottle and nobody knew about the dangers of lead poisoning so even cribs were painted with brightly coloured lead based paint. Medicine and Bottles with tablets did not have child proof lids

No seat belts or air bags in cars, nobody knew or if they did told our parents smoking and drinking was bad for the baby, kids shared coke from one bottle, it had masses of sugar and we ate real white bread and butter and everything else including full fat milk that we are now told is bad for you

Parents couldn't reach us ( no mobiles ) and most of the day we would be out playing with friends and parents knew we would be safe with hardly any weirdos wandering the streets. If we got caught doing stuff we shouldn't the police would take us home and we may well have a got a hiding for breaking the law ( but no do gooders saying mustn't smack children ). And if we played up in school the same applied.

While playing we got cuts and bruises and the occasional tear in jeans but it was just part of being a kid and no visit to the hospital.

We had no fancy games but could play for hours making a Go cart or a new tree swing and for other games most times we would find a ball and whatever we could use as a bat. or in the summer all jump into the nearest place we could find and if the water wasn't that clean we just didn't swallow it.

We rode our bikes with no helmets and doing whatever stunts we could ( bikes were so much heavier and hard wearing ) and always had punctures to repair or get dad to help with.

If we didn't get in the team we were not good enough and that was that.

But most of all we were allowed to be kids

To dream, to invent and to play.

It's no wonder that the generation that grew up then created some of the most innovative and exciting technology we have today

Thanks for those years and all those "BAD THINGS", that is why we are who we are today, and why we have made our way in the world without being permanently mollycoddled by a nanny state and shackled by too much Political correctness.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Tory welfare cuts will destroy benefit of new living wage, research shows

Oh goody, another alarmist rant from the Daily Fail.

Here are a few facts that will explain why we managed to go out and prosper in a modern world. You would do well to take a few of these facts on board.

We drank water from the tap not a bottle and nobody knew about the dangers of lead poisoning so even cribs were painted with brightly coloured lead based paint. Medicine and Bottles with tablets did not have child proof lids

No seat belts or air bags in cars, nobody knew or if they did told our parents smoking and drinking was bad for the baby, kids shared coke from one bottle, it had masses of sugar and we ate real white bread and butter and everything else including full fat milk that we are now told is bad for you

Parents couldn't reach us ( no mobiles ) and most of the day we would be out playing with friends and parents knew we would be safe with hardly any weirdos wandering the streets. If we got caught doing stuff we shouldn't the police would take us home and we may well have a got a hiding for breaking the law ( but no do gooders saying mustn't smack children ). And if we played up in school the same applied.

While playing we got cuts and bruises and the occasional tear in jeans but it was just part of being a kid and no visit to the hospital.

We had no fancy games but could play for hours making a Go cart or a new tree swing and for other games most times we would find a ball and whatever we could use as a bat. or in the summer all jump into the nearest place we could find and if the water wasn't that clean we just didn't swallow it.

We rode our bikes with no helmets and doing whatever stunts we could ( bikes were so much heavier and hard wearing ) and always had punctures to repair or get dad to help with.

If we didn't get in the team we were not good enough and that was that.

But most of all we were allowed to be kids

To dream, to invent and to play.

It's no wonder that the generation that grew up then created some of the most innovative and exciting technology we have today

Thanks for those years and all those "BAD THINGS", that is why we are who we are today, and why we have made our way in the world without being permanently mollycoddled by a nanny state and shackled by too much Political correctness.
              So your parents rocked, and you as parents suck?

Nice one.

Comment

So your parents rocked, and you as parents suck?

Nice one.
                I see you have your facts wrong again. Becoming a bit of a recurring theme. As it happens I fall comfortably into the classification of "Boomer", having been born in 1958.
                None of my kids think I suck as a parent, but then again that might be down to the fact that I have raised them to realise that you won't get anything in life by waiting for it to be given to you.
                Just a shame your parents didn't follow that lead, thus explaining why they have such a gurning malcontent to constantly prop up as you stumble through what passes for a life.

Comment

Myth of the baby boomers: how post-war generation doesn't have it so good - Telegraph

The baby boomer arguments are like the ones on climate change.

Full of sh*te.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

I see you have your facts wrong again. Becoming a bit of a recurring theme. As it happens I fall comfortably into the classification of "Boomer", having been born in 1958.
                    None of my kids think I suck as a parent, but then again that might be down to the fact that I have raised them to realise that you won't get anything in life by waiting for it to be given to you.
                    Just a shame your parents didn't follow that lead, thus explaining why they have such a gurning malcontent to constantly prop up as you stumble through what passes for a life.

Your kids may not think you personally suck (I wouldn't know) but they may have a different view on your generation more generally.

I'll tell you what I see.

I see a largely disillusioned generation (born late '70s onwards) who have been totally conned by the work hard and the world is yours crap your generation has spouted.

Sky high uni debts, crap jobs (if you can get one), retirement later with lower pensions, sky high house prices caused by idiotic lending practices and moronic boomer politicians. There is no way to save a deposit whilst paying sky high rent. Renting sucks, no smoking, no kids, no pets = no rights to family life. Couples are getting married later, and having fewer kids. Many young parents I know get no help with their kids from G&G because they are off golfing or cruising. Today you don't buy a house, you buy a flat and get trapped. Houses are for old people, to rattle around in and have help with heating from the state. You don't like it, there is no one to vote for (well maybe corbyn), but don't think about protesting because you will be kettled, Identified, and branded for life. The state, the machine YOU helped build has its own interests at heart and cares precious little for this generation. And if anyone has the balls to question the obscene inequality of it all, they are made out to be lazy or misinformed.

Comment

Lots of bitter petulant pish deleted
                      Awww diddums!!! You could always try moving somewhere where people actually give a toss what you think?
                      If you have the stones to try travelling of course without Mummsy and Daddsy holding your precious hand!!

Cheer up, I am sure the rates for wiping incontinent Boomers' privates will go through the roof in years to come.

Comment

Working...
                      X