• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory welfare cuts will destroy benefit of new living wage, research shows

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    duty to ensure that they are made fully aware of just what constitutes acceptable boundaries. Whilst doing this it is foolish to rule out any mechanism that may help you to enshrine these facts in their growing minds.
    Cool. Perhaps one day someone like myself will feel the need to teach you what constitutes acceptable boundaries (preferably when you're an old man and incapable of defending yourself) - and when you cry and moan about thuggish brutes & the youth of today, you'll might think back and 'oh, yeah. I used to be a **** like this too'.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
      Cool. Perhaps one day someone like myself will feel the need to teach you what constitutes acceptable boundaries (preferably when you're an old man and incapable of defending yourself) - and when you cry and moan about thuggish brutes & the youth of today, you'll might think back and 'oh, yeah. I used to be a **** like this too'.
      Sanctimonious
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Sanctimonious
        Are you a child abuser too then?

I can't imagine how anyone could possibly leap to 'sanctimonious' for suggesting that child abuse is evil.

Comment

Are you a child abuser too then?

I can't imagine how anyone could possibly leap to 'sanctimonious' for suggesting that child abuse is evil.
          If that means do I smack my kids then the answer is yes
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

If that means do I smack my kids then the answer is yes
            Then I'd recommend investigating Non-Violent Communication techniques for teaching your kids how to behave, and how their actions affect other people & their relationships with each other.

That way you'll still be on good ground after they're too big to be intimidated into behaving how you'd like, and perhaps they won't grow up thinking that hitting people is a reasonable approach to dispute resolution.

Comment

Then I'd recommend investigating Non-Violent Communication techniques for teaching your kids how to behave, and how their actions affect other people & their relationships with each other.

That way you'll still be on good ground after they're too big to be intimidated into behaving how you'd like, and perhaps they won't grow up thinking that hitting people is a reasonable approach to dispute resolution.

I want my children to grow up knowing that it is OK to punch sanctimonious tw*ts like you in the face

Comment

Stick your naive pompous recommendations up where you hide your lentil stash. I bet you don't even have any kids.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I want my children to grow up knowing that it is OK to punch [anyone who rubs them up the wrong way] in the face
                  I don't doubt you.

sanctimonious tw*ts
                  Like people who post new threads about the moral turpitude of "self-loathing lefties" every single day, while abusing their own children?

By the way - do you understand what the word sanctimonious means? Your use of it implies not.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    "A record 6.5 million people – almost a quarter of UK workers – will remain trapped on poverty pay next year, despite George Osborne’s 50p-an-hour increase in the national minimum wage, according to research by the Resolution Foundation thinktank. ...
                    See THAT WELFARE CAP | Biased BBC

How ‘independent’ are they? Who are ‘the team’ behind the independent Resolution Foundation think tank?

Well, there’s chief executive Gavin Kelly, former advisor to prime minister Gordon Brown, for starters.

Then there’s Vidhya Alakeson, research and strategy director, who has worked for several left-leaning think tanks (some with links to Labour, such as Policy Network and the Social Market Foundation) and, like Mr Kelly. also worked in the prime minister’s policy unit under Labour.

There’s also James Plunkett, Secretary to the Commission on Living Standards, who has written for the Guardian attacking Michael Gove’s education policies as “tired old Tory ideology” and elsewhere attacking the “malevolence” of “the Nasty Party”. He worked in Gordon Brown’s strategy unit from 2008-09.

Then there’s senior economist Matthew Whittaker, who also serves as a “wise man” on the Labour-aligned IPPR’s New Era Economics panel.

Also Felicity Dennistoun, external affair assistant, who was a parliamentary assistant to Labour’s Emily Thornberry, andJoe Coward, research and communications assistant, who came from the centre-left Demos think tank.

Guido got the main piece of the jigsaw quite some time back. The man who founded the Resolution Foundation, insurance tycoon Clive Cowdery, is a Labour Party donor.

The Resolution Foundation looks set to join the IPPR and Demos as a favoured think tank of the BBC. Given the links so many of its key figures have to the last Labour government and their ties to other left-of-centre think tanks, would it be too much to ask BBC presenters/reporters to say things like, “A report today from the left-leaning think tank, the Resolution Foundation, found that….” or “Former advisor to Gordon Brown, Gavin Kelly/James Plunkett of the Resolution Foundation, said….”?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I want my children to grow up knowing that it is OK to punch sanctimonious tw*ts like you in the face
                      My son already know its alright to punch right wing rankers like you in the face, knee them in the bollocks, tulip in their manbags and then kick them when they're down without me having to slap him
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X