• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV reporters shot dead in live TV broadcast

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    and yet Kinder eggs are too dangerous to be sold and it's a $1200 fine per egg for importing them.
    That sounds so nuts it must be true. Chocolate covered toy no, UZI 9mm yes, how strange.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      Charge 1000 dollars for every bullet, problem solved, no one will be able to afford a killing spree and at least then you know that anyone who does get shot deserved it at those prices (not my joke, Chris Rock I believe!)
      Yes, Chris Rock:

Comment

On average 40 people get murdered every day in the USA. Two people get killed on Tv and its worldwide news. Funny old world.

If it bleeds it leads as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian
          WHS (belatedly) - it's just part of the Constitution over there.
          Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
          FTFY
          Well - the wording in the constitution isn't particular clear - and the debate has raged for centuries as to what the original intent was.

It's the underlying gun-culture which re-enforced and elevated the effect of the 2nd amendment into what we see today.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Too many guns in existence in the US, so instead ban (or restrict) bullets. You could make every bullet traceable too.

(I've been watching the final series of The West Wing and just watched the episode with the (broadcast live) presidential debate, and this was something proposed by Jimmy Smits' character ).
            The problem is that there aren't enough guns in the US.

But that aside, as the guy tried/did kill himself then guns have very little to do with the issue. Without guns he could just as easily have run them down in a speeding car on live TV.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
              The NRA press release will no doubt suggest that the solution would have been for everybody present there to be armed to the teeth - that the bulge at the back of her blouse/skirt occupied by the radio receiver (for the earpiece etc.) - should be taken up by a .44 Magnum instead.
              This event is about murder suicide, and really has almost nothing to do with guns.

More gun will help prevent shooting rampages - but nothing will ever stop a nutter from killing someone.

Comment

I have to admit, I'm tickled by the idea of making bullets £1,000 each.

There will quickly be a black market making them followed by armed robberies to steal them, where armed nutters will shoot to get them, whilst other armed nutters will shoot to keep them

I forsee a bloodbath. of nutters

in fact, the .357 might even be floated on the NY stock exchange

'How is the Yuan doing today ?'
                'Well, it's up against sterling, but down on the 9mm and plummeting against the North Korean Bazooka'

sheesh
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  The solution to this problem is to ban all firearms but obviously politicians wont bother with all that.
                  No no. The solution is to make sure that all reporters are armed.

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  and yet Kinder eggs are too dangerous to be sold and it's a $1200 fine per egg for importing them.
                  Inside every Kinder Egg is a dead minion.

In the aftermath there's people saying things like "She was loved by everyone". Well - obviously not everyone.

The reason why it's world news is because journalists love stories about journalists. It makes them feel that they're essential workers and heroes on the front line.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I fear that this will spark a new trend in murder. It will create a new baseline for lunatics who want to kill someone to somehow get it broadcast on live television.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      No no. The solution is to make sure that all reporters everybody are armed.
                      FTFY
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X