• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV reporters shot dead in live TV broadcast

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    Thanks for your brilliant solution.

Although I think at least some of the following are already banned, or illegal.
    a. Swearing on CUK
    Or in the wider world.
    b. Stealing
    c. Speeding
    d. Murder, with or without firearms
    e. Assault
    f. Rape
    g. Drinking underage
    h. Various drugs
    i. More and more stuff

Obviously none of these things actually happen because they are banned or illegal.

You funking, di<kwad, twunting tuliphead.
    Yeah so according to your logic, if something is banned or deemed illegal, it wont work, because everybody just goes ahead and does it anyway. So the solution is to remove all bans and make everything legal.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      It's not possible, ever.

If it's not your thing then don't live in America.

Or get a gun yourself if you are there.
      WHS (belatedly) - it's just part of the culture over there.

The NRA press release will no doubt suggest that the solution would have been for everybody present there to be armed to the teeth - that the bulge at the back of her blouse/skirt occupied by the radio receiver (for the earpiece etc.) - should be taken up by a .44 Magnum instead.
      Last edited by centurian; 26 August 2015, 16:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
        Thanks for your brilliant solution.
        Obviously none of these things actually happen because they are banned or illegal.
        Seriously, your is argument that "banning X wouldn't stop it, because Y is banned and sometimes happens"? You don't think that there would for example be more drink-driving accidents if it were legal to drink what you wanted.

You funking, di<kwad, twunting tuliphead.
        WYS
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Too many guns in existence in the US, so instead ban (or restrict) bullets. You could make every bullet traceable too.

(I've been watching the final series of The West Wing and just watched the episode with the (broadcast live) presidential debate, and this was something proposed by Jimmy Smits' character ).
          The real lunatics often kill themselves or end up being taken down, so I'm not sure that making bullets traceable would help, unless I missed your point?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
            WHS (belatedly) - it's just part of the Constitution over there.
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              The real lunatics often kill themselves or end up being taken down, so I'm not sure that making bullets traceable would help, unless I missed your point?
              It will help other lunatics know where to buy them

HTH

Comment

Charge 1000 dollars for every bullet, problem solved, no one will be able to afford a killing spree and at least then you know that anyone who does get shot deserved it at those prices (not my joke, Chris Rock I believe!)

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                  Charge 1000 dollars for every bullet, problem solved, no one will be able to afford a killing spree and at least then you know that anyone who does get shot deserved it at those prices (not my joke, Chris Rock I believe!)
                  Problem is not solved because bullets will be smuggled in, and in any case anybody who tries to do such a stupid thing in USA will never be elected.

Around 200 mln guns in USA - 200,000,000+ guns there. Very few crazy murders like this happen, it's unavoidable 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Problem is not solved because bullets will be smuggled in, and in any case anybody who tries to do such a stupid thing in USA will never be elected.

Around 200 mln guns in USA - 200,000,000+ guns there. Very few crazy murders like this happen, it's unavoidable 100%.
                    A joke my friend to highlight the absurdity of the US gun laws coupled with the nutters that live there.

Comment

and yet Kinder eggs are too dangerous to be sold and it's a $1200 fine per egg for importing them.

Comment

Working...
                      X