• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How posh was your school?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

44/51, though the quiz only allowed for "an orchestra" - my school had two, as well as various bands (school band, jazz band, etc.).

I should point out that I only went there on a state scholarship via the 11 plus, though

In the Upper Sixth Form, one of my form-mates drove himself to school one day in a Porsche 911. This grated with a number of the teachers, to whom he helpfully explained that his father had allowed him to use "one of the Porsches" as a treat, as it was his birthday

Comment

Head Boy was an order not a role

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        what's the latin for 'Brace yourself I am going in dry?'
        Changes to contracting after April 2016.

Comment

We had a strict 'short back and sides' policy in our school. If yer hair touched yer collar, it was the cane. six of the best.
          My mate got hold of a wig and put it on in the middle of assembly.

The whole school stopped singing, mid 'Jerusalem' and stared at him. over six hundred pairs of eyes on him as he belted out 'bring me my bowwww....'
          Thirty five middle aged war veteran teachers eyes bulged out and veins throbbed in their temples.

poor mate couldn't sit down for a week
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post

Head Boy was an order not a role
            we called her head Girl & she was.

one of the few advantages of a comprehensive we had women! The Grammar school woofters were jealous, they were rubbish at Rugby as well.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              13 and we had an exchange program - with the local Borstal!

not sure how French & Latin lessons with a Rugby pitch make it posh.
              Guys Marsh?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
                Guys Marsh?
                nope.

I did live in a Poshish town.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You callin' Gillingham (Dorset) Chav-Ville???

Comment

29, but we had 6 rugby pitches, not 1, and when I was there, football was not considered a proper sport to play during PE.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

34, we did have the children of a former dictator amongst our alumni.
                      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Working...
                      X