• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travel & Subsistence in the budget?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Parliamentary Privilege means they can pretty much do what they like, otherwise the two year rule would stop them from day 1 claiming expenses
    Remember I said I was being utterly awkward but I want to explain things in a way they could clearly understand by demonstrating to them what the impact of this rule change would be if they didn't have privilege and so were subjected to it...

The first bit is to show them that the change in employment definition is so broad they would be impacted by it.
    The second bit is to show the financial cost such a change would have on their lifestyle.

when people are thick you need to explain it in ways that they can easily comprehend...
    Last edited by eek; 13 July 2015, 13:38.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Remember I said I was being utterly awkward but I want to explain things in a way they could clearly understand by demonstrating to them what the impact of this rule change would be if they didn't have privilege and so were subjected to it...

The first bit is to show them that the change in employment definition is so broad they would be impacted by it.
      The second bit is to show the financial cost such a change would have on their lifestyle.

when people are thick you need to explain it in ways that they can easily comprehend...
      Ah so like Cojak explaining the greek debt crisis as somone who has their credit card taken off them after spending it all on shoes, and making promises to be careful next time so they get it back?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Ah so like Cojak explaining the greek debt crisis as somone who has their credit card taken off them after spending it all on shoes, and making promises to be careful next time so they get it back?
        Cojak is too intelligent and self controlled to stand for parliament she hasn't even been caught being inappropriate with an Orange.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Cojak is too intelligent and self controlled to stand for parliament she hasn't even been caught being inappropriate with an Orange.
          Ukelele's on the other hand.....
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Don't forget they can't do this either

Karen Danczuk is 'SACKED as her MP husband Simon

I wonder how that will go down with HMRC?

Comment

He is to a certain point right. As the template letter for MPs I'm working on will demonstrate:-

1) A three line whip puts an MP under both supervision and direction. Depending on how ill they are and the importance of the vote taking place they may also be under control.

2) Given that they are subject to supervision, direction or control their place of work has to be the house of Commons. As such their travel expenses to London and their second home allowance is no longer tenable and those costs should be coming from their parliamentary salary...

Yes I am being utterly awkward but given that we now have fixed term 5 year parliaments moving to London is simply a requirement they accepted when standing in May...
              It won't matter - MPs will probably just make themselves exempt by law.

Didn't they insert a clause saying they were exempt from the APN legislation, or was it something else.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                It won't matter - MPs will probably just make themselves exempt by law.

Didn't they insert a clause saying they were exempt from the APN legislation, or was it something else.
                I know but read my subsequent post. The entire point is to explain what they are doing to us in a easy to digest way that shows how this plan would impact them....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I know but read my subsequent post. The entire point is to explain what they are doing to us in a easy to digest way that shows how this plan would impact them....
                  if its taken up by the papers then it might have an effect.

Comment

The flaw in your devious plan is that they have always had access to allowable expenses which the business community don't and if we tried to claim would wind up with us being done for tax evasion.
                    The situation being different is business as usual as far as MP's are concerned and they're happy to bury their snouts as far as possible into that trough. There's no reason to suspect that they will feel any guilt about the additional differences.

Comment

He is to a certain point right. As the template letter for MPs I'm working on will demonstrate:-

1) A three line whip puts an MP under both supervision and direction. Depending on how ill they are and the importance of the vote taking place they may also be under control.

2) Given that they are subject to supervision, direction or control their place of work has to be the house of Commons. As such their travel expenses to London and their second home allowance is no longer tenable and those costs should be coming from their parliamentary salary...

Yes I am being utterly awkward but given that we now have fixed term 5 year parliaments moving to London is simply a requirement they accepted when standing in May...
                      What about the point there is no skills shortage e.g. there are so many willing people to stand as the Tory candidate in the Sunderland constituencies.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X