• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividends beyond £5k taxed wef 2016!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    What about normal contractors that take £100k divs
    It's about time they paid a sensible amount of tax, that's what!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TechJinx View Post

I had to look at the link as I thought that was the one where every forum post depends until someone compares someone else to Hitler
      :nazi:

Comment

Fooking prawns.

Will vote pro-business Nu Nu Liebor next time...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          The rate of tax for contractors is sensible.

It is the rate that others pay which is ludicrous. Look at where your money goes.

Except bankers and agents of course, they should pay 98% on everything.

Comment

Originally posted by TechJinx View Post

I had to look at the link as I thought that was the one where every forum post depends until someone compares someone else to Hitler
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              How insensitive, there are contractors here who might have to sell the 2nd Porsche.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Fooking prawns.

Will vote pro-business Nu Nu Liebor next time...
                First Sallyanne. Then AtW.

Who next? sasguru? AndyW?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  First Sallyanne. Then AtW.

Who next? sasguru? AndyW?
                  kandr? russell?

Comment

So let me get this right. Assuming neither of you breach the 40% limit....

At the moment, no additional tax due because its credited and covered by CT at 20%. So £5K still the same but 7.5% personal tax on anything above?

So, example, income split, 10K salary, and 30K each in dividends.

So now we'd each pay an extra 7.5% on £25K each of this? £1875 per year each. Still £3700 less per year in pocket. Not cool.

Of course, paying CT at 19% would cut this down a bit. As would the NI thing.

Not happy Mr C. Looks like hes found a way to claw some money back from us.....

Suppose cant complain we've had it good for so long.

So when does this come in?
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      So let me get this right. Assuming neither of you breach the 40% limit....

At the moment, no additional tax due because its credited and covered by CT at 20%. So £5K still the same but 7.5% personal tax on anything above?

So, example, income split, 10K salary, and 30K each in dividends.

So now we'd each pay an extra 7.5% on £25K each of this? £1875 per year each. Still £3700 less per year in pocket. Not cool.

Of course, paying CT at 19% would cut this down a bit. As would the NI thing.

Not happy Mr C. Looks like hes found a way to claw some money back from us.....

Suppose cant complain we've had it good for so long.

So when does this come in?
                      You forget the 10,600, 11,000 and 12,500 personal allowances for various years, and the lift of the higher rate from 42385 to 43000 up to 50,000 eventually

Can't wait for someone to do some real calculations on this.
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X