• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back Support Chair...Who uses?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a 2nd hand Herman Miller Mirra chair (ex office) for £200. Wouldn't use anything else.

Brand new, they will set you back £900:

Buy Herman Miller Mirra 2 Office Chair | John Lewis
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Did you guys get to try the chair from anywhere before you bought?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Not sure about chairs, but I've been thinking of getting a standing desk, they seem to be more comfortable when I use them.
        Had one for three months or so. Love it. When WFH I can stand all day quite happily now, totally knackered me when I first tried to do it It has resolved some RSI I was getting in my right forearm, yeah I know. Lower back pain reducing too. Well worth the money.

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        Got a 2nd hand Herman Miller Mirra chair (ex office) for £200. Wouldn't use anything else.

Brand new, they will set you back £900:

Buy Herman Miller Mirra 2 Office Chair | John Lewis
        Been using these for about seven years now, get a second hand one from eBay every time. I often do 14 hours at the PC a day and in any other chair my back was giving me grief within a week or two of using them. They are superb chairs.

Actually, it's the Aeron I have!
        Last edited by administrator; 5 July 2015, 00:21. Reason: Wrong chair :D

Comment

Originally posted by bathingape View Post
          Went to Margolis furniture and had a look at a second hand Aeron. Didn't buy it because it wasn't that much cheaper than new. http://www.margolisfurniture.co.uk. Herman Miller have a showroom on Aldwych. Not sure if you can walk in or not.

Comment

Originally posted by bathingape View Post
            John Lewis do all 3 sizes of Aeron and have free returns. See http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnle...e-c/p230630307

Comment

Good advice in this thread. Got a Herman Miller Aeron off eBay for £300 delivered, fully loaded. Looking forward to it! F*k you back pain

Comment

Another +1 for HM Aeron.

One of the best business purchases My Co has made IMVHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Another +1 for HM Aeron.

One of the best business purchases My Co has made IMVHO.
                  Another +1 to this. The only slight niggle with them is the column ends very close to the floor so if you have thick underlay/carpet the column can drag.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You can expense a chair through your company?

Comment

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP View Post
                      You can expense a chair through your company?
                      After speaking with my accountant this morning, i've put mine through the company.

Comment

Working...
                      X