• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Back Support Chair...Who uses?"

Collapse

• bathingape
    replied
    Received the Aeron today. The knob on the right hand side of the chair (Kinemat Tilt Tension), does that turn endlessly? I'm not really noticing a difference in tension :/

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    I've owned a few Herman Miller chairs and they're difficult to beat, but to offer an alternative, I currently have a Humanscale Freedom chair - looks great in aluminum IMO but, more importantly, it's very supportive. Around 400-900 depending on options, so similar prices to Herman Miller, but you can also find them secondhand.

Leave a comment:

• TheCoconutDog
    replied
    Originally posted by BillHicksRIP View Post
    You can expense a chair through your company?
    Why ever not? It's one of the most important bits of kit you own.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Herman Miller and standing desk through the Ltd. I would have the sodding things if I wasn't in this game so no way I would be buying it through personal funds... If you think the Aeron is good but are still getting back twinges then the standing desk is well worth a look.

Leave a comment:

• bluetoaster
    replied
    Yes, it is office furniture. I bought a Herman Miller Aeron as an ex office chair from ebay as well. It is superb and sorted out my back ache.

Leave a comment:

• bathingape
    replied
    After speaking with my accountant this morning, i've put mine through the company.

Leave a comment:

• BillHicksRIP
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Another +1 for HM Aeron.

One of the best business purchases My Co has made IMVHO.
    Another +1 to this. The only slight niggle with them is the column ends very close to the floor so if you have thick underlay/carpet the column can drag.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Another +1 for HM Aeron.

One of the best business purchases My Co has made IMVHO.

Leave a comment:

• bathingape
    replied
    Good advice in this thread. Got a Herman Miller Aeron off eBay for £300 delivered, fully loaded. Looking forward to it! F*k you back pain

Leave a comment:

• TheCoconutDog
    replied
    Originally posted by bathingape View Post
    Did you guys get to try the chair from anywhere before you bought?
    John Lewis do all 3 sizes of Aeron and have free returns. See http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnle...e-c/p230630307

Leave a comment:

• TheCoconutDog
    replied
    Originally posted by bathingape View Post
    Went to Margolis furniture and had a look at a second hand Aeron. Didn't buy it because it wasn't that much cheaper than new. http://www.margolisfurniture.co.uk. Herman Miller have a showroom on Aldwych. Not sure if you can walk in or not.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Not sure about chairs, but I've been thinking of getting a standing desk, they seem to be more comfortable when I use them.
    Had one for three months or so. Love it. When WFH I can stand all day quite happily now, totally knackered me when I first tried to do it It has resolved some RSI I was getting in my right forearm, yeah I know. Lower back pain reducing too. Well worth the money.

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Got a 2nd hand Herman Miller Mirra chair (ex office) for £200. Wouldn't use anything else.

Brand new, they will set you back £900:

Buy Herman Miller Mirra 2 Office Chair | John Lewis
    Been using these for about seven years now, get a second hand one from eBay every time. I often do 14 hours at the PC a day and in any other chair my back was giving me grief within a week or two of using them. They are superb chairs.

Actually, it's the Aeron I have!
    Last edited by administrator; 5 July 2015, 00:21. Reason: Wrong chair :D

Leave a comment:

• bathingape
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Got a 2nd hand Herman Miller Mirra chair (ex office) for £200. Wouldn't use anything else.

Brand new, they will set you back £900:

Buy Herman Miller Mirra 2 Office Chair | John Lewis

Leave a comment:

Working...
X