• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man decapitated & Islamist flag raised over French factory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Ironically I'd be the first person on this forum to condemn anybody who was remotely anti-semitic and here they are condemning the condemner. Silly people really. More ironically is that the largest Jewish population outside of Israel in the middle-east is Iran! The country is supposedly the most anti-semite. At least they get to be Jewish in Iran while in Saudi Arabia they would be killed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...gogues_in_Iran

I hold all religious people in the greatest of contempt - Jew, Christian, Muslim or Keynesian.

And I think a lot / most of what you post is bulltulip.

But in this case (although I think ISIS is more likely a side-effect than by design) I think you're being hard done by.

It's not especially controversial to talk about the NATO countries sparking the 'Arab Spring' deliberately, and fanning it's flames - with Israel being among it's benefactors & orchestrators (I'm friends with a police intelligence officer who monitors Arabia & North Africa who personally see's it exactly like this). And that involved destroying viable countries and plunging millions into destitution, living now among roving warlords fighting for domination. It's not a great stretch to imagine ISIS being art of that plan too (it certainly should have been expected).

It's easy to play the racist card when someone says something you don't like.

Plus, all you have to do is read the huge volumes of UN & NGO claims of war crimes / human rights abuses / etc laid at Israel to conclude that you can hardly be called racist simply for agreeing (more or less) with those very same claims.

For the record, I'm not so sure it's so clear cut - I don't think Israel should ever have come into being as a state, but it did and it's now surrounded in a sea of primitive savages and has a right to defend itself (not that I'd disconnect Israel's collectivism & religion entirely from ideas of primitiveness & savagery - but that's besides the point).

I think it'd be more appropriate to have the balls to call you for on supporting a religion that is fundamentally evil (they all are - but some are more benign than others) - despite the fact that you may or may not prefer to pick out the nicer parts and tone down the less nice parts. In a compromise between good & evil, evil is the only winer. Suggesting that ISIS don't reflect Islam is absurd - they are the literal manifestation of it in it's purest sense.

I think puling out the racist card is a simple evasion (and doesn't make much sense as unless i've missed a load of stuff, you complain about the "bad" things 'they' do - and equating generalisations to racism is silly).

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
      I hold all religious people in the greatest of contempt - Jew, Christian, Muslim or Keynesian.

And I think a lot / most of what you post is bulltulip.

But in this case (although I think ISIS is more likely a side-effect than by design) I think you're being hard done by.

It's not especially controversial to talk about the NATO countries sparking the 'Arab Spring' deliberately, and fanning it's flames - with Israel being among it's benefactors & orchestrators (I'm friends with a police intelligence officer who monitors Arabia & North Africa who personally see's it exactly like this). And that involved destroying viable countries and plunging millions into destitution, living now among roving warlords fighting for domination. It's not a great stretch to imagine ISIS being art of that plan too (it certainly should have been expected).

It's easy to play the racist card when someone says something you don't like.

Plus, all you have to do is read the huge volumes of UN & NGO claims of war crimes / human rights abuses / etc laid at Israel to conclude that you can hardly be called racist simply for agreeing (more or less) with those very same claims.

For the record, I'm not so sure it's so clear cut - I don't think Israel should ever have come into being as a state, but it did and it's now surrounded in a sea of primitive savages and has a right to defend itself (not that I'd disconnect Israel's collectivism & religion entirely from ideas of primitiveness & savagery - but that's besides the point).

I think it'd be more appropriate to have the balls to call you for on supporting a religion that is fundamentally evil (they all are - but some are more benign than others) - despite the fact that you may or may not prefer to pick out the nicer parts and tone down the less nice parts. In a compromise between good & evil, evil is the only winer. Suggesting that ISIS don't reflect Islam is absurd - they are the literal manifestation of it in it's purest sense.

I think puling out the racist card is a simple evasion (and doesn't make much sense as unless i've missed a load of stuff, you complain about the "bad" things 'they' do - and equating generalisations to racism is silly).
      Some of what you said is true, the rest is bull.

ISIS is a reincarnation of a group which fought Islam in the early days - the khirjites:

They also wore the garb of the same religion.

You must be aware of the concept of the Trojan horse?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Being a Chosen People doesn't seem to have been a barrel of fun all in all.
        Actually I do believe the Jews were once the "Chosen people". Being chosen means you generally face difficulties and trials to test your faith and to establish your religion. The fact Judaism survives till today and has morals and ethics which are relevant till today is proof (to me at the faith level) that the original religion and original Jewish people were chosen and of a very high human caliber - That's quite contrary to the racist card that the real bigots on this forum keep throwing around isn't it now?
        Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 28 June 2015, 22:05.

Comment

Being one of the chosen didn't seem to do poor old Job much good.

And one might have thought that memories of ancestors getting zapped right left & centre when they displeased the Almighty might have improved the behaviour of the chosen somewhat.

Worshiping false gods really seemed to irritate Him, judging by the Old Testament.

Anyway, I'm rather enjoying reading Revelation to ZeitPater at the moment, though I'm not altogether sure it amuses him as much.

That John. What was he on?
          If you view this life as the end of existence then no it didn't serve him well, if however this life is just a spec in eternity and he has earned the Grace of God through his patience and thankfulness then you'd say it served him pretty darn well. If you look at all the figures in the Bible/Torah/Quran you will find they underwent immense difficulty and had to strive immeasurably to gain success, but isn't that what makes them so great? What would be the value in a hero who didn't struggle and undergo difficulty?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Why don't you do something constructive like mend some cuckoo clocks or fix the cow bells?
            Cowbells possibly, but cuckoo clocks are Tyrol and Schwarzwald. The mechanisms might be Swiss.

Being a Chosen People doesn't seem to have been a barrel of fun all in all.
            Teyve - "couldn't you have chosen someone else?"

There's little information about Job's origin. He may not have been one of the chosen. The story is one of the oldest in the Bible and if based on a historical character, may well have been before Abe got chosen.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Chosen by who?

and for what?

Comment

FTFY.
                you cannot even mention the Jews with out the (grammar) Nazi's popping up...

:nazi:

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Chosen by who?

and for what?
                  For a quid, I think.

Comment

It's unrealistic, I believe, for such complex problems to be solved on an internet bulletin board frequented by a bunch of IT workers.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                      For you Hezbollah are the terrorists, for me Israel are the real terrorists...
                      For me Hezbollah are not "the" terrorists, they are simply terrorists - some countries proscribe just the military wing, some the entire organisation.

You seem to be also using comparative, and hence you appear to support terrorism, so long as it isn't as bad as what you perceive to be the terrorism of Israel.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X