• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE CC Elections 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alias View Post
    Is there going to be a chance of a double vote? i.e. Online and postal? Has that been factored in at all?
    Online votes count first.

If you haven't used all your votes up online, and you submit a postal vote, then they will count the additional votes from there. If you go over the 13 votes, they discount your postal vote completely.

So...

Imagine you've voted for 8 people online. If you then send in a postal vote as well, they will count up to 5 people on there as well. If you've voted for 6 on the paper, then your paper one doesn't count because it would take you over the limit.

If you try to vote for the same person twice, I think they bin the paper copy completely because it counts as a spoiled paper.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Since you got through despite my removing a number of your posts during moderation (I dislike your name) I'll have to think before electing you but MS and TF have my vote.
      I don't understand, what's wrong with his name?
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Online votes count first.

If you haven't used all your votes up online, and you submit a postal vote, then they will count the additional votes from there. If you go over the 13 votes, they discount your postal vote completely.

So...

Imagine you've voted for 8 people online. If you then send in a postal vote as well, they will count up to 5 people on there as well. If you've voted for 6 on the paper, then your paper one doesn't count because it would take you over the limit.

If you try to vote for the same person twice, I think they bin the paper copy completely because it counts as a spoiled paper.
        It's not so much a spoilt paper as it being impossible to know who you did intend to vote for, therefore safest to disregard all of your offline choices.

All votes are logged through the same software, incidentally, so excess or double entries and the like are blocked automatically
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

FWIW, I am also standing. I was more than happy to be Fionat's proposer (and not in a Platypus way) and I was also one of SYNT's seconders. I would obviously have done the same for Mattse but the job was already done.

If you are a member then please do take the time to read the election statements. They're only 300 words long so quite within the range of most CUKers TL;DR attention span.

Unfortunately there is no Andyw option.
          Last edited by Pondlife; 28 April 2015, 09:41.

Comment

Vote Pondy! (I already have)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Ta. I will burn the photos as per our agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                WSS!!

(I had no choice in the matter, since I was the one that proposed you )
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    It's not so much a spoilt paper as it being impossible to know who you did intend to vote for, therefore safest to disregard all of your offline choices.
                    Yes - that's what I meant to say. The paper copy doesn't count because the only smart thing to do is to ignore it completely if you vote too much.

Vote early. Vote Often. But not too often.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                      I don't understand, what's wrong with his name?
                      Nothing now Whether he can still work out how to log on is another matter...!

Comment

Working...
                      X