• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Couple of pages of people mentioned the benefits and it being a no brainer and then you say this...

Has it occurred to you that you might want to re-think that on the current threads feedback?

You've taken the Jury service option from QDOS? and the one against the agent going bump etc?
    IPSE futures really made me laugh, how much effort was spent by IPSE people 'negotiating' these deals, whilst selling the IR35 short again.

Anyway, not here to have a conversation with you sir, just my opinion.

I loved my Jury Service, and even billed while I was there (was able to work on my laptop in between the jury sitting) and working evenings.

I was only needed for a few days out of the two weeks (they are quite sympathetic to self employed people)

Comment

Hmm. I'd never pass the questions being posed in the forums by V8gaz and the like
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        If you don't renew they won't cover you for investigations into your previous contracts even though you thought you'd paid at the time to have them covered.

Does that if a non-IPSE member has tax investigation insurance*, e.g. QDOS, and they join IPSE then they would still need to continue with that QDOS policy even after becoming an IPSE member?

* I mean cover for legal representation in IR35, PAYE and other matters, not cover for tax owed.

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
          Does that if a non-IPSE member has tax investigation insurance*, e.g. QDOS, and they join IPSE then they would still need to continue with that QDOS policy even after becoming an IPSE member?

* I mean cover for legal representation in IR35, PAYE and other matters, not cover for tax owed.

Dunno, I got both....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

IPSE operates a policy of cover being required at the time a claim is made. I believe QDOS also operate that policy. Other providers offer cover for a specified contract/year, which doesn't expire.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Really don't see the advantage if you already have QDOS TLC35 , PI and public liability insurances
              The advantage I feel I get is that of what I think marketing types refer to as an "external benefit". By buying IPSE's product i get the product, and I also help fund an organisation that represents me and what I do. IPSE are still the only game in town for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                I don't get it. On these forums you seem to want people to join IPSE.
                On IPSE forums, if you are who I think you are, you seem to spend most of your time being a complete and appearing to be trying to chase people off.

If that's not you, however, then my apologies.

EDIT: I forgot, never apologise in General. Sorry about that. Oh, bugger.
                On here I try to explain IPSE to those who don't really understand what it is trying to do or who are stuck in some ten year old version of the old organisation.

Over there I challenge people who say "this is wrong" without explaining why or even, better still, suggesting something better.

Mostly, on both sites (and others) I only try to answer questions. Not my fault if some questions are actually pretty stupid.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

It's perfectly simple. IPSE cover their members if they get into a tax investigation. Continuing membership is obviously a requirement. If you're not a member when an investigation starts, then you're on your own. I don't think that's all that unreasonable.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Not sure why some people on here are so bullyish about others joining IPSE, it almost has the same feel of trade unionists bullying permies into a trade union memebership, another type of organistaion which I would never ever join
                    I don't get that - people ask why they should join and are given answers. To those of us who are members, we obviously think there is a benefit in so being. I don't see any bullying. A few are vociferously anti-IPSE as indeed they're entitled to be. Many of us like a lot of what they're doing, and see benefits in being a member, but don't like some of it. Some of us have decided to stand for the CC to make sure our views get represented.

If you want to join then join, if you don't, then that's fine too.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Hmm. I'd never pass the questions being posed in the forums by V8gaz and the like
                      Aww, yes you would. Just don't say "I want world peace" without some ideas of how you're going to effect it!

Comment

Working...
                      X