• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MercladUK View Post
    QDOS insurance so I wont be renewing.

To be honest I see it as a pretty poorly run organisation.
    Couple of pages of people mentioned the benefits and it being a no brainer and then you say this...

Has it occurred to you that you might want to re-think that on the current threads feedback?

You've taken the Jury service option from QDOS? and the one against the agent going bump etc?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Yes, you should.

The benefits package alone that IPSE+ gives you would cost you more elsewhere than if you join - illness cover, agency default cover, role not as advertised cover, jury duty cover, business interruption cover.

Whether you like it or not, IPSE is the only organisation that is speaking for contractors - and if you don't like the message that they are sending, the only way you are ever going to influence that is by being a member and letting the board know that you aren't happy.

And the simplest way to do that is to vote in the CC elections for the contractors that you think are closest to what you want the organisation to take - so far I have a list of five candidates (myself included, obviously ) that I'll be voting for when voting opens tomorrow morning, because I think they would be valuable additions to the CC.
      Where is the list of people you can vote for?

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        To be fair, he does that here too
        No kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I don't believe you asked that

https://election.ipse.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Sorry, it HAS to be done......

HAVE YOU SEARCHED AND ASKED YOUR ACCOUNTANT?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Sorry, it HAS to be done......

HAVE YOU SEARCHED AND ASKED YOUR ACCOUNTANT?
              I did search you young whippersnapper. It's behind a log in so nowt came up except the brochure so stuck result in your pipe and smoke it.

Haven't got a clue what log in is

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                I don't believe you asked that

https://election.ipse.co.uk/
                You need to be already logged in to access that link (and then it can be temperamental).

Easiest route is

https://www.ipse.co.uk/ipse-cc-election-2015

Log in, then click the elections link. You might want to read more from the candidates on the IPSE forums too.

Comment

I would for two simple reasons:
                  1. From a purely cost/benefit perspective, the insurance (legal representation) and other benefits are excellent value for money; and
                  2. You may disagree with current IPSE policy, and you may be skeptical about whether you can influence it, but you certainly won't influence it as a non-member.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    Fair enough. Which if those compensate you for lost earnings due to jury service, agency default, injury, misrepresentation and any tax-related (even vaguely related) HMRC investigations? Or support anything else legal that may improve the lot of the average contractor, such as the Arctic case?

Did I mention "unconditionally"..?

Not to mention having a voice within HMG of course...

HTH
                    Looking at the actual amounts covered it's not worth the hassle, really useful things such as free IR35 reviews don't seem to be included

Comment

Not sure why some people on here are so bullyish about others joining IPSE, it almost has the same feel of trade unionists bullying permies into a trade union memebership, another type of organistaion which I would never ever join

Comment

Working...
                      X