• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

No brainer IMHO. Oh and make sure you vote for MS and Faq plus anyone else with a candidate statement that you feel represents you.
    Originally posted by SeeYouNextTuesday View Post
    Me.
    Oh yeah, and this johnny come lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Oh yeah, and this johnny come lately.
      Aye. I am a complete shameless tart when it comes to getting votes

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Yes, you should.

The benefits package alone that IPSE+ gives you would cost you more elsewhere than if you join - illness cover, agency default cover, role not as advertised cover, jury duty cover, business interruption cover.

Whether you like it or not, IPSE is the only organisation that is speaking for contractors - and if you don't like the message that they are sending, the only way you are ever going to influence that is by being a member and letting the board know that you aren't happy.

And the simplest way to do that is to vote in the CC elections for the contractors that you think are closest to what you want the organisation to take - so far I have a list of five candidates (myself included, obviously ) that I'll be voting for when voting opens tomorrow morning, because I think they would be valuable additions to the CC.
        ^This^

Comment

QDOS insurance so I wont be renewing.

To be honest I see it as a pretty poorly run organisation.

Comment

Originally posted by MercladUK View Post
            QDOS insurance so I wont be renewing.

To be honest I see it as a pretty poorly run organisation.
            If you think QDOS insurance and IPSE membership are comparable, then fine, you've clearly made an informed choice....

As for how it's run, either (a) who gives a toss as long as the insurance works (which it does) or (b) you can't change that from the outside so stop worrying about it.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

For £50 a year I will insure you against being carried off by an eagle. I think you will find QDOS can't match that.

Comment

Really don't see the advantage if you already have QDOS TLC35 , PI and public liability insurances

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Really don't see the advantage if you already have QDOS TLC35 , PI and public liability insurances
                  Fair enough. Which if those compensate you for lost earnings due to jury service, agency default, injury, misrepresentation and any tax-related (even vaguely related) HMRC investigations? Or support anything else legal that may improve the lot of the average contractor, such as the Arctic case?

Did I mention "unconditionally"..?

Not to mention having a voice within HMG of course...

HTH
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    Fair enough. Which if those compensate you for lost earnings due to jury service, agency default, injury, misrepresentation and any tax-related (even vaguely related) HMRC investigations? Or support anything else legal that may improve the lot of the average contractor, such as the Arctic case?

Did I mention "unconditionally"..?

Not to mention having a voice within HMG of course...

HTH
                    I don't get it. On these forums you seem to want people to join IPSE.
                    On IPSE forums, if you are who I think you are, you seem to spend most of your time being a complete and appearing to be trying to chase people off.

If that's not you, however, then my apologies.

EDIT: I forgot, never apologise in General. Sorry about that. Oh, bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                      I don't get it. On these forums you seem to want people to join IPSE.
                      On IPSE forums, if you are who I think you are, you seem to spend most of your time being a complete and appearing to be trying to chase people off.

If that's not you, however, then my apologies.
                      To be fair, he does that here too
                      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                      X