• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obvious common sense policy for Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are they going to implement those policies with only 2 MPs at the most?

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
      How are they going to implement those policies with only 2 MPs at the most?
      They are sort of hoping that after 100 years of LibLabCon and the utter mess Britain is now, with the future that awaits it, that a few more people might wake up and vote for something different.

But I guess the low IQ sheeple that represents the DailyMail reading masses, will see fit that we continue our trajectory to the bottom.

Comment

I bet DP would have been evangelising Hitler in a different universe.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          They are sort of hoping that after 100 years of LibLabCon and the utter mess Britain is now, with the future that awaits it, that a few more people might wake up and vote for something different.

But I guess the low IQ sheeple that represents the DailyMail reading masses, will see fit that we continue our trajectory to the bottom.
          Those are the Kippers though?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I bet DP would have been evangelising Hitler in a different universe.
            ...and I bet Hitler would have been evangelising DP in yet another

Comment

Some good common sense policies in the UKIP manifesto, but also some I'd be against.

From my POV:

+ Leave EU (and all savings allociated with this)
              + Turnover tax
              + Cut foreign aid budget
              + Change NPPF to build on Brown Field, referendum to overturn large scale developments
              + Recall of MPs

- Scrap HS2
              - Pro-Fracking
              - Reintroduce smoking in pubs

But I don't get this one:

Businesses should be able to discriminate in favour of young British workers.

? I can understand without the word Young, but why discriminate on age?
              Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
              "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Are UKIP anti-HS2 for any reason except they want to be different, and feel they need a controversial non-EU related policy?

It's like they just want to be the party of the disenfranchised, a disparate group of eople who have nothing in common but their dislike of things, e.g. hacked off by:
                • EU
                • Smoking ban
                • HS2
                • Fracking
                • Multinationals (turnover tax)
                • Foreigners
                They don't seem to have a single positive policy, it's all negative.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post

? I can understand without the word Young, but why discriminate on age?
                  Why not give the jobs to the young? The old just clog the system up, taking the benefits that the young pay for!

People often think that discrimination is a good thing, until they are the ones discriminated against. You must be old Daddio..,
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Are UKIP anti-HS2 for any reason except they want to be different, and feel they need a controversial non-EU related policy?

It's like they just want to be the party of the disenfranchised, a disparate group of eople who have nothing in common but their dislike of things, e.g. hacked off by:
                    • EU
                    • Smoking ban
                    • HS2
                    • Fracking
                    • Multinationals (turnover tax)
                    • Foreigners
                    They don't seem to have a single positive policy, it's all negative.
                    It's massively expensive for one (even assuming it is delivered on schedule and within budget, nevermind opportunity costs for all that money) and given the track record of government 'investments' in most areas, how plausible are the supposed benefits and how do they weigh up against the actual costs to be incurred? Canada had a similar project that ended up being a massively expensive boondoggle.

As to the rest, if you take such a reductionist approach, which party is not all negative? Just because someone spins some stupid idea in a positive light does not make them 'constructive', unless it's pouring more cash into the housing bubble I guess.

Which isn't to say they're perfect, but most attacks on them are rather anaemic...
                    Last edited by Zero Liability; 14 April 2015, 17:29.

Comment

But they seem to have just cherry-picked things people grumble about and cobbled them into a manifesto. "this will get the racists, this will get the middle-englanders, this will get some environmentalists, this will get some NIMBYs", etc.

The people voting UKIP might be horrified who their co-voters end up being, lots of little groups who actually hate each other

Comment

Working...
                      X