• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's quite a shame that UKIP can't actually take outright power

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    Oooh touchy, resorting to cheap personal attacks.
    "Cheap personal attacks"?? It's not me standing up and telling the world I'm the best thing since sliced bread having failed at the one thing I was promising...

Alex Salmond has been out campaigning but, at the moment, he is only a candidate for a seat at Westminster. It's the English Tory press who make him out to be the spokesman for the party when Nicola Sturgeon is leader of the party and Angus Robertson is leader of the Westminster group.

It won't be power at all costs. The SNP have set out their policies and the support in Scotland shows they are popular.
    If you believe that you are even more of a fantasist than I gave you credit for. That aside, the SNP have proposed a series of policies for Scotland. That is fair enough, of course, but the other 85% of the UK think they should not be doing so at the expense of the rest of the UK, thanks.

As for Mr Robertson, perhaps a closer look at his voting record would be informative... I see nothing there that makes me believe he supports our way of working and quite a lot about giving more to the unemployed at our expense.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      So you think people should be on benefits rather than work on zero hours contracts? Zero hours contracts have enabled a lot of people to step into work and prove themselves. and whilst I would agree that many employers are exploiting this there is today enough jobs competition to enable workers to progress into full time jobs.
      Where did I say I think people should be on benefits?

If someone is doing a job then pay them properly and give them a normal contract of work. Many of the companies that are running these ZHCs have people at the top on multi-million pound salaries & benefits.

People on ZHCs are told they must be available if called and cannot work for another company or else they will lose the job. They don't have a guaranteed number of hours so they can't even plan a week ahead.

I can see where that would seem attractive to an agent

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        "Cheap personal attacks"?? It's not me standing up and telling the world I'm the best thing since sliced bread having failed at the one thing I was promising....
        Yes it was cheap because you referred to him in derogatory terms. I can't remember him saying he was the best thing since sliced bread or promising independence (I take it that's what you are referring to). Please link though to prove me wrong.

If you believe that you are even more of a fantasist than I gave you credit for. That aside, the SNP have proposed a series of policies for Scotland. That is fair enough, of course, but the other 85% of the UK think they should not be doing so at the expense of the rest of the UK, thanks.

As for Mr Robertson, perhaps a closer look at his voting record would be informative... I see nothing there that makes me believe he supports our way of working and quite a lot about giving more to the unemployed at our expense.
        I think you'll find the policies are for UK wide and not just Scotland. 59 Scottish MPs will be elected to Westminster as they have been for decades. It's just this time they may actually look after Scottish interests. There has only been 1 Tory MP in Scotland for years yet we've been subjected to Tory policies in Scotland so now it will be good to see the shoe being on the other foot

Comment

As for Angus Robertson's voting record, it will obviously be affected because none of the SNP MPs vote on purely English matters such as the hunting ban.

Comment

As for Angus Robertson's voting record, it will obviously be affected because none of the SNP MPs vote on purely English matters such as the hunting ban.
            Nonsense. And who cares about hunting, look at his record on welfare, defence and immigration...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Nonsense. And who cares about hunting
              Well, on that very point, Cameron has promised a free vote to reverse the ban. Politically a stupid mistake I think.

Comment

Nonsense. And who cares about hunting, look at his record on welfare, defence and immigration...
                It's not nonsense. It's been the stated position of SNP MPs for years. It doesn't matter if you care about hunting, it's devolved so the vote in WM was for English only. I'm sure you would be caring if he voted against your view on purely English matters.

His record on those other things you listed are in line with SNP policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Euler View Post
                  I really wish they would.
                  It would be quite funny to observe a party for cretins, run by cretins, and the hash they would make of everything.
                  I might vote for them, actually.
                  The two main parties have a maturity of over 300 years. 300 years ago, here you could be imprisoned or executed for your politics or your religion by either of those two.

It is no surprise then that a new(ish) party may look cretinous but they don't have the history, neither can they in this day and age, imprison or execute their opponents. It will be a long haul for them to become mainstream but everyone has to start somewhere.

I don't agree with much of what they say and they do have a lot of hanger-on losers but I don't dismiss them out of hand because they are as a party, immature.

Comment

It's not nonsense. It's been the stated position of SNP MPs for years. It doesn't matter if you care about hunting, it's devolved so the vote in WM was for English only. I'm sure you would be caring if he voted against your view on purely English matters.

His record on those other things you listed are in line with SNP policy.
                    So basically you agree with me that the SNP is fundamentally opposed to supporting the concept of a market-driven flexible economy...

Glad we agree on something.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Where did I say I think people should be on benefits?

If someone is doing a job then pay them properly and give them a normal contract of work. Many of the companies that are running these ZHCs have people at the top on multi-million pound salaries & benefits.

People on ZHCs are told they must be available if called and cannot work for another company or else they will lose the job. They don't have a guaranteed number of hours so they can't even plan a week ahead.

I can see where that would seem attractive to an agent
                      If they dont like it why dont they get another job?
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X