• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are we drinking this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    That Sheep Dip's as ruff as f**ck. Been the same bottle behind the bar of my local for nigh on 20 years. One taste of that & you never go back.
    That wouldn't be The Black Bull in Margaretting would it? If so, then its been there for at least 35 years
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      That wouldn't be The Black Bull in Margaretting would it? If so, then its been there for at least 35 years
      Lord Denmam, Dagenham Heathway.

Which probably ain't even there any more.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Doog, me ol' mucker, this is a recipe that was online from a homebrew site. I've used the actual ingredients (grains, malts, yeasts, boiling hops etc) to produce a stunningly great beer, of similar quality to the commercial brand. At 90p/pint, it's fantastic! And so say many people. Makes a good Xmas pressie as well.
        Sounds great. I've yet to try homebrew, I'd always assumed I'd do an ale but being able to brew 'proper lager' - or something like corona - would be ace.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          Doog, me ol' mucker, this is a recipe that was online from a homebrew site. I've used the actual ingredients (grains, malts, yeasts, boiling hops etc) to produce a stunningly great beer, of similar quality to the commercial brand. At 90p/pint, it's fantastic! And so say many people. Makes a good Xmas pressie as well.
          Sounds nice but quite expensive. For that price you can drink a pint of Pilsner Urquell in Bratislava
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Whatever wines they serve us at the meals for grub club.

Looking forward to tonight's meal as the Sommelier knows her stuff and there will be some awesome wine pairings.

Sunday am going to a tasting at a friends and he's opening Chateaux Haut Brion 1964 La Grand Rue and Vosne Romanee 1988 Domaine Lamarche
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Whatever wines they serve us at the meals for grub club.

Looking forward to tonight's meal as the Sommelier knows her stuff and there will be some awesome wine pairings.

Sunday am going to a tasting at a friends and he's opening Chateaux Haut Brion 1964 La Grand Rue and Vosne Romanee 1988 Domaine Lamarche
              Tasted a 1996 Haut Brion against some other top drawer wines back in 2013, the 1997 Ridge Monte Bello won that day. but the HB still had some good levels of acidity and fruit but was mainly tertiary aromas and flavours.

Be interested in hearing about your tasting of the HB and how it is holding up

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Sounds nice but quite expensive. For that price you can drink a pint of Pilsner Urquell in Bratislava
                Of course, but where's the fun in that!

This particular recipe uses over double the amount of malts and hops than most of my normal strength recipes (30p/pint) - and it's surprisingly better than the stuff they serve in pubs and bottles.

My turnover is around 46 bottles (23 litres) a time so I can't get better economies of scale than that unless I upgrade my kit. But then I'd have to sell the beer, because even though I love it, even I couldn't drink it all!
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Currently sipping on some bolly courtesy of cojak while watching the rugby.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Watching the rugger (come on England!!!!!) supping Broadside
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Who's sockie is this?
                      Aussielong, the very often banned.

Comment

Working...
                      X