• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are we drinking this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Martini or Negroni this evening followed by a 2010 Medoc, one of a case of 15, the rest are going in the cellar for a year or three.

Tomorrow we're going out for a Thai so a couple of bottles of Reisling or Gewurtztraminer probably.

Sunday a couple of Doom Bar lunchtime down the pub.

Pretty standard weekend. I don't drink during the week at all.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

A few Peroni/Innis and Gunn tonight, see how I feel tomorrow usually only drink 1 night a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        A Martini or Negroni this evening followed by a 2010 Medoc, one of a case of 15, the rest are going in the cellar for a year or three.

Tomorrow we're going out for a Thai so a couple of bottles of Reisling or Gewurtztraminer probably.

Sunday a couple of Doom Bar lunchtime down the pub.

Pretty standard weekend. I don't drink during the week at all.
        Nice what claret are you drinking?

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
          A few Peroni/Innis and Gunn tonight, see how I feel tomorrow usually only drink 1 night a week.
          A day/meal without wine is like a day without sunshine

Comment

Meerlust Rubicon 2007 tonight. A very good Cape blend.
            https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
              Meerlust Rubicon 2007 tonight. A very good Cape blend.
              That is a lovely bottle. South Africa make some great Bordeaux blends...

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                hyperD's homebrewed Sierra Nevada Torpedo (7.2%). Started already as it's Friday!
                Not sure if you're joking or you meant you've tried to copy their recipe, or that they sell official kits? SN (the regular 5.6% one) is my favourite lager and the Torpedo is lovely. But I've seen they also do Narwhal and others, which go up to crazy strengths.

Anyway I've had tonsillitis which made alcohol burn like anything... I've got a bottle of red from Laithwaites I opened a week ago to finish if I feel up to it.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Depends on whether Mrs MUN is drinking or whether she is still too tired/ill. If it is just me then a bottle or two of Spitfire, if not then probably a bottle of Prosecco.
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by RoastedSlopes View Post
                    Nice what claret are you drinking?
                    This. Nothing "blow your socks off" special but looking forward to it all the same. I use Averys a lot.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by RoastedSlopes View Post
                      Tonight it is beer (curry)

Tomorrow is Steak and a beautiful 2008 Tignanello - superb

Sunday a glass or two of Echo de Lynch Bages (2009) - bit early but delicious with a leg of lamb.
                      Oh look it's Aussielong making his claims to being a wine expert again.

Comment

Working...
                      X