• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

clarkson suspended by BBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    This is it. Its no longer entertaining.

Im not arsed if BBC sack clarkson or even the show, I dont watch it any more.
    +1
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Its very hard to sack people on the spot (any HR lawyer will tell you its a bad idea). You suspend on full pay and follow due process then sack them

Its cheaper to pay the weeks salary than to deal with the tribunal...
      Surely a punch, if observed by a witness or two, is the very definition of Gross Misconduct?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

bring back Jimmy Saville ......

oh hang on...
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Surely a punch, if observed by a witness or two, is the very definition of Gross Misconduct?
          Which is a reason to eventually sack him. Just don't do it immediately as you really want to do things exactly by the book....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I heard Jeremy threw a punch because his lunch was late? And on that bombshell...

If Clarkson is up for misconduct Alex Ferguson is shurly up for his umpteenth custodial sentence by now.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              A thug is someone who wears a knuckle duster and makes sure he breaks your nose, not someone who loses his temper and swings a punch.

Still a good opportunity for pink tie wearing lefties to get on their soap boxes and get Top Gear replaced by Blue Peter.
              #
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                God, all the bleeding hearts whining about how they like him and therefore it's not fair of the BBC to suspend him

He punched somebody he works with. Of course he should be suspended over it, at the very least. In any normal workplace, he'd be sacked on the spot for that, and the police would probably be involved. The BBC are going bloody easy on him.
                (Possible stupid question alert .. )

Do we know he actually punched somebody, or was it just a public shouting match?

I've contracted at the BBC, and I know just how tiresomely arrogant and willfuly obstructive some of the jobsworths are there
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

who's signed the petition then?

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson

Comment

A lot of the people calling for his head thought it was great when Prescott gobbed an egg thrower in an election campaign, and they howled with laughter at the thought of Bobble eye Brown gobbing 'posh boy' Cameron in the first election debate.

It's interesting to note that the BBC journalists who blew open the J Saville story are quietly being sacked or demoted
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Do we now have a new generation who've never thrown a punch ?

what's going on....?

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X