• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beware of Experts Exchange!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Anyone use? I find it limited use but ok if you can for cheap enough.

A week or so ago my free subscription ran out so I spoke to rep on chat. They offered 6 months for $19.95 so I thought OK bargain.
    So they put it all through on my card and said ok all done for £19.95.

Whoa. Hang on. £19.95 aint $19.95. Excuse - oh sorry sir I thought you'd prefer £ since your billing address is UK. Umm possibly but not when its £6 or so more matey boy. So refund that. All agreed. Next day I check. $109.95 charged so Im back on to them. Then they try to tell me I agreed to that - did I ****!
    It seems pretty obvious that from their perspective (from the information you've supplied), you didn't say - "forget the whole thing". You agreed the offer at the $ price. Because you're an idiot, you thought the $19.95 was for the entire six months, despite it clearly and obviously from the website it's $19.95 per month.

You really did make a school boy error. You should have signed up to "itcompetentsexchange.com" as more suitable to your skill level.

The CC payment in a Californian supermarket didn't happen though, did it.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This all feels a bit Deja Vu.

Psycho posting about EE and then someone commenting that it is actually Expert sexchange..etc etc.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I give it exactly six months until this thread gets bumped as their standard price of $19.99/month kicks in and someone not twigging that this would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          I give it exactly six months until this thread gets bumped as their standard price of $19.99/month kicks in and someone not twigging that this would happen.
          I reckon more like 8-9 months.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Deffo 6 months. And yes today spoke to bank and card is stopped. Was attempted use in 7 locations in ca. 1 payment went through.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Hello psychocandy,

I wanted apologize for the experience you had with Experts Exchange and to reach out to you to let you know we take any allegations of fraudulent charges very seriously. I would like to get more details of your interaction with us, so please let me know the best way to get in touch with you.

-Matt, Customer Service Manager

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Deffo 6 months. And yes today spoke to bank and card is stopped. Was attempted use in 7 locations in ca. 1 payment went through.
                Originally posted by ee cares View Post
                Hello psychocandy,

I wanted apologize for the experience you had with Experts Exchange and to reach out to you to let you know we take any allegations of fraudulent charges very seriously. I would like to get more details of your interaction with us, so please let me know the best way to get in touch with you.

This has all the makings of a classic.

EE Rep: PC, as a gesture of good will we'd like you to keep your six month subscription but it's on us. We'll give you a complete refund.
                PC: Wow thanks. Much appreciated.
                EE Rep: It seems the old card details we have for you is being declined because the card has been stopped. Do you have another we can refund you on?
                PC: Sure, 1234 9898 7676 7878. Expires 11/17
                EE Rep: Great, and the last three digits on the back of the card?
                PC: Oh...123
                EE Rep: Yeah it's gone through now although it typically take a couple of weeks to show up on your statement.
                PC: Thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  This has all the makings of a classic.

EE Rep: PC, as a gesture of good will we'd like you to keep your six month subscription but it's on us. We'll give you a complete refund.
                  PC: Wow thanks. Much appreciated.
                  EE Rep: It seems the old card details we have for you is being declined because the card has been stopped. Do you have another we can refund you on?
                  PC: Sure, 1234 9898 7676 7878. Expires 11/17
                  EE Rep: Great, and the last three digits on the back of the card?
                  PC: Oh...123
                  EE Rep: Yeah it's gone through now although it typically take a couple of weeks to show up on your statement.
                  PC: Thanks man.
                  I agree - don't deal with this interloper, PC.

Just send me your new card details and I'll take it up with them on your behalf.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by ee cares View Post
                      Hello psychocandy,

Yeh yeh - one of you lot attempting a wind-up.

But in all seriousness, the day after I used my card at EE it was used 7 times (if I remember) in California. Fortunately, only one transaction went through - for Safeway supermarket.

And no, I didnt give anyone verballing or via chat my card details. It was all done via EEs supposedly secure portal.
                      nothing wrong with this - I guess everyone is happy for amazon to have you're card details on record.

Definitely though something fishy at EE. Can imagine an employee finishing their shift and thinking great lets get my shopping on the way home with this new card I've got!

Best thing is Santander (who the cards with) actually asked me three times if I was sure it wasnt me who'd used the card and had forgotten. Ummm are you stupid? I forgot I just flew to California for the weekend!
                      Last edited by psychocandy; 11 February 2015, 09:20.
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X