• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Beware of Experts Exchange!!!"

Collapse

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Fair play to the guy he has made every effort to sort this out and did take it seriously.
    He obviously doesn't know you as well as we do.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by ee cares View Post
    I sincerely appreciate the sense of humor on this forum, but I was hoping that I could conclude with a few facts:
    • I am indeed from the Experts Exchange, I manage the Customer Support team for the organization.
    • One of our site moderators brought this case to our attention, and as we take unhappy customers and fraud allegations, very seriously, I wanted to respond.
    • I am now in direct contact with psychocandy and am actively working with him to address his concerns.
    • Experts Exchange has been in business for 20 years, and we have millions of paying and non-paying members.
    • We take pride in providing excellent service to our members, so when we hear of a situation where my agents made mistakes, we go the extra mile to make things right. In this case, we are refunding all payments to phsychocandy, as well as giving him free access to our service.
    • We will continue to gather and validate information from psychocandy, so that we can assure that any fraud did not originate from his interactions with us.

With that, I leave you to tease each other… and us about our name. But, if you are interested in the facts of this situation, please see above. You can also Direct Message me if you would like more details.
    Fair play to the guy he has made every effort to sort this out and did take it seriously.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Next question are Expertsexchange going to give Old Greg the op ?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    • I am now in direct contact with psychocandy and am actively working with him to address his concerns.
    If you could keep him over there, we'd be eternally grateful.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I sincerely appreciate the sense of humor on this forum, but I was hoping that I could conclude with a few facts:
    • I am indeed from the Experts Exchange, I manage the Customer Support team for the organization.
    • One of our site moderators brought this case to our attention, and as we take unhappy customers and fraud allegations, very seriously, I wanted to respond.
    • Experts Exchange has been in business for 20 years, and we have millions of paying and non-paying members.
    • We take pride in providing excellent service to our members, so when we hear of a situation where my agents made mistakes, we go the extra mile to make things right. In this case, we are refunding all payments to phsychocandy, as well as giving him free access to our service.
    • We will continue to gather and validate information from psychocandy, so that we can assure that any fraud did not originate from his interactions with us.

With that, I leave you to tease each other… and us about our name. But, if you are interested in the facts of this situation, please see above. You can also Direct Message me if you would like more details.

don't come bothering us with your steenking facts.
    we don't need no steenking facts hombre

and don't come here with your double E's

we like double D's (or biggerer)

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Grammar Police and Spelling Nazis live on this forum and will have your balls for breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• ee cares
    replied

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Are you sure that was supposed to be in there?
    EDITED: They have contacted me now,

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    To be fair someone senior at EE has not contacted me and is looking into the fraud.

I was not making that bit up.
    Are you sure that was supposed to be in there?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    To be fair someone senior at EE has contacted me and is looking into the fraud.

I was not making that bit up.
    Last edited by psychocandy; 12 February 2015, 13:49.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You don't have to be in CA for a legit transaction to be processed there though, surely?

Anyway PC, what do you get from EE? Do you use it as a source of help or do you help people out? I can't remember if you get paid for answering questions?
    Granted but I think you do in Safeway supermarket to buy groceries.

Yes I use it sometimes. Its not great but like I said, £2 per month. No way am I paying £14 or whatever it is.
    But no brainer for 2 quid - if I get one small smidgeon of useful a month out of it. I tip the fella who delivers my kebab more than that a month!

If you earn enough points for answering questions then its free.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Who needs that when you can get great free advice on CUK?

PS Wooh, hang on. NickFitz just took £350 from my credit card!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Best thing is Santander (who the cards with) actually asked me three times if I was sure it wasnt me who'd used the card and had forgotten. Ummm are you stupid? I forgot I just flew to California for the weekend!
    You don't have to be in CA for a legit transaction to be processed there though, surely?

Anyway PC, what do you get from EE? Do you use it as a source of help or do you help people out? I can't remember if you get paid for answering questions?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I agree - don't deal with this interloper, PC.

Just send me your new card details and I'll take it up with them on your behalf.

Wow Thanks FAQQER. Do you want the login to my account too just in case?

Its user name - psychocandy, password is sheep4ever
    Last edited by psychocandy; 11 February 2015, 11:17.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Hello psychocandy,

I wanted apologize for the experience you had with Experts Exchange and to reach out to you to let you know we take any allegations of fraudulent charges very seriously. I would like to get more details of your interaction with us, so please let me know the best way to get in touch with you.

-Matt, Customer Service Manager
    Yeh yeh - one of you lot attempting a wind-up.

But in all seriousness, the day after I used my card at EE it was used 7 times (if I remember) in California. Fortunately, only one transaction went through - for Safeway supermarket.

And no, I didnt give anyone verballing or via chat my card details. It was all done via EEs supposedly secure portal.
    nothing wrong with this - I guess everyone is happy for amazon to have you're card details on record.

Definitely though something fishy at EE. Can imagine an employee finishing their shift and thinking great lets get my shopping on the way home with this new card I've got!

Best thing is Santander (who the cards with) actually asked me three times if I was sure it wasnt me who'd used the card and had forgotten. Ummm are you stupid? I forgot I just flew to California for the weekend!
    Last edited by psychocandy; 11 February 2015, 09:20.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X