• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"My mommy's a contractor"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the reddit thread

A Mother sent an invoice to my son for not attending her child's birthday party and now wants to go to small claims court. : LegalAdviceUK

Comment

THink I prefer the mumsnet one

Invoice sent home in book bag for no show to party | Mumsnet Discussion

Comment

interesting disparity in house size.

doesn't look like the host is short of a bob or two.

interesting in that story that the father confirmed when called on Thursday. They left that bit out in the first story.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yeh the invoice thing was a bit sad but I'd be a bit wassed off too if some nobhead decided not to bother to send their kids and was too rude to not even let me know and I ended up best part of £20 out of pocket. Be last time I invited their kid.

Thats the problem, some people have no manners and dont give a tulipe about other people. They think they're free to do what they like and change their mind and promises to attend dont matter.

Dont get me started. Mrs does beauty treatments (fillers etc). More than once shes had people phone 30 mins before appt with some emergency or other (in truth, its always cant afford it now), and shes had some who are just not home.

Then when she rings them they just ignore her calls. One customer was 25 miles away and was a no-show. Never even answered her calls afterwards to explain.
          Even had one lady who she could see hiding on the floor behind the settee when she was knocking the door. People just dont care about anyone else.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            interesting disparity in house size.

doesn't look like the host is short of a bob or two.

interesting in that story that the father confirmed when called on Thursday. They left that bit out in the first story.
            EXACTLY. So father said yes my child will come so knew what the deal was and knew it cost money.

Then, on the day, apparently they asked the child what he wanted to do and he decided to do something else. Didnt give two hoots that the other parents would still have to pay. Sorry but if my child agrees to do something then he attends whether he changes his mind later or not. As I always tell him - unless your bleeding from your eyeballs you've said your going so tough!

Now the cheeky dog is claiming the invoice was rude. Yeh bit much I agree but it was his fault.
            Last edited by psychocandy; 20 January 2015, 09:24.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              If I book 12 places for some event to help my mates out, and only 8 turn up, you'd better expect the other 4 are going to be chased for the money if I had to buy their tickets!

Even some restaurants do this if you turn up with less people than you booked - or try to, I'm not sure how many would stick to their guns if you make a scene or say "sod you, we'll eat somewhere else" though.
              It's slightly different here in that the parent would have [I assume] first booked the venue, then invited people.

But I'm definitely not endorsing the invoicing. That's insane. Always plan for people being flakes.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I really can't even on this thread.

My kids are just getting past the big birthday party stage but we never had a problem and in addition we always felt if we want to throw a party then it will cost us money - whether everyone or no-one turned up it just the way it goes.

This is actually just the bitchy pettiness of the school gates being paraded in all it's glory

those with kids will know what I mean

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  It's slightly different here in that the parent would have [I assume] first booked the venue, then invited people.

But I'm definitely not endorsing the invoicing. That's insane. Always plan for people being flakes.
                  We've all ranted to whoever will listen when inconsiderate parents have not turned up at a party without letting us know.

I can imagine Mrs BigHouse thinking "**** em, I'll send them an invoice. That'll make the point". And it did!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    This is actually just the bitchy pettiness of the school gates being paraded in all it's glory

those with kids will know what I mean

+1. Even my my eldest's 4th BDP at a local club, simple affair, with a local lady who brought some animals, snake, spider, lizard, etc the kids loved it. 20 invites sent out, 11 didn't even bother to reply. It gets my goat people can be that rude, doesn't take much for a text or email to say yes/no. Mrs QH is more laissez-faire, just move on and don't bother inviting them next time.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      We've all ranted to whoever will listen when inconsiderate parents have not turned up at a party without letting us know.

I can imagine Mrs BigHouse thinking "**** em, I'll send them an invoice. That'll make the point". And it did!
                      If I was Mr Littlehouse, I'd have just paid it, but made sure everyone in the school yard knew how desperate for £16 the Bighouses were.
                      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Working...
                      X