• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"My mommy's a contractor"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have a picture of the dodgy invoice on the Daily Fail. The order number is "verbal" in which case I would tell them to shove it.

Invoice number is 1432 which would imply a lot of previous invoices. There's no address or bank details on it though so there's nowhere to pay it to. I would be inclined to call the HMRC whistleblower line to shop these people sending out fake invoices.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Mates dont equate to 5 year old kids birthday parties. Not in my book. Piss poor analogy.
      While you've a much closer understanding of a 5 year old's mind than me, you don't have any mates so it's not a subject you'd know anything about.

If you make a booking on someone's behalf when they've said they'll come, and they choose not to come but don't bother to tell you then they can pay, and learn to be less rude and self-centred next time.

It's just common courtesy. Sending an invoice is plain stupid of course.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        While you've a much closer understanding of a 5 year old's mind than me, you don't have any mates so it's not a subject you'd know anything about.

If you make a booking on someone's behalf when they've said they'll come, and they choose not to come but don't bother to tell you then they can pay, and learn to be less rude and self-centred next time.

Do you practice being a twat and chatting utter shyte or does it come naturally to you? Oh, and your breath smells. Probably because you talk out of your arse all the time
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Do you practice being a twat and chatting utter shyte or does it come naturally to you? Oh, and your breath smells. Probably because you talk out of your arse all the time
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

All this bitterness over someone else's 5th birthday party surely hints to something in your own past.

Let me guess, you had a party and nobody came? You were the only one in your class not invited to another kid's party? You found you dad kissing another boy's dad inside the bouncy castle at your party?

Comment

Why do people celebrate the fact that they lost an year of their life?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                Why do people celebrate the fact that they lost an year of their life?
                Why do people celebrate someone losing the whole of their life?

Comment

Its nice to see that the Daily mail has finally added photos of both family's houses to the article

Five-year-old misses friend's birthday and is INVOICED £15.95 by boy's mother | Daily Mail Online
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Ramrod View Post
                    I'm just not sure I'd have dealt with it by firing an invoice to the offending parent though.
                    You're not sure?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Its nice to see that the Daily mail has finally added photos of both family's houses to the article

Five-year-old misses friend's birthday and is INVOICED £15.95 by boy's mother | Daily Mail Online
                      Essential information, although the lack of any valuations or recent HPI is an rare omission for the Fail.

Comment

Working...
                      X