• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ""My mommy's a contractor""

Collapse

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    We had an issue where we invited a child and the dad turned up to the party with his daughter & two additional siblings saying that they felt left out so could the come. As it was a party we said yes (but thought he was taking the piss) , he then proceeded to **** off and not stay either.

His daughter is no longer on the invitation list.
    Suityyyyy

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    If we arranged a party for our kids, we never asked for the other parents to pay for any of it. We asked for RSVPs to give us an idea for numbers but wouldn't dream of asking money from no-shows.

It was rude not to let them know but best thing would just be to remove them from invites to future events.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    We had an issue where we invited a child and the dad turned up to the party with his daughter & two additional siblings saying that they felt left out so could the come. As it was a party we said yes (but thought he was taking the piss) , he then proceeded to **** off and not stay either.

His daughter is no longer on the invitation list.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    I've always thought smelly twats were the worst myself.
    Is SASGuru back?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    We know a story about that boys & girls

The hygiene products that prey on female fears: Top gynaecologist reveals danger of masking odour  | Daily Mail Online

The hygiene products that prey on female fears: Top gynaecologist reveals danger of masking odour
    Dr Ugwumadu says more women are asking about feminine hygiene
    Female patients want to know if they should use a special spray or wash
    He thinks they worsen women's anxiety and could be 'a waste of money'
    And using such products could mean infections go undiagnosed
    so ladies leave it natural the doc says so.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Yeah. The idea that some people would agree to do something and then bin it when they get a better offer. That's just mental. That would never happen on here, would it!

For some reason this thread has reminded me I need to do some ironing.
    This ^ is why I nominated you as poster of the year, or whatever it was called.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Smelly = inconsiderate, yes?
    Good point, well made.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Yeh the invoice thing was a bit sad but I'd be a bit wassed off too if some nobhead decided not to bother to send their kids and was too rude to not even let me know and I ended up best part of £20 out of pocket. Be last time I invited their kid.

Thats the problem, some people have no manners and dont give a tulipe about other people. They think they're free to do what they like and change their mind and promises to attend dont matter.

Dont get me started. Mrs does beauty treatments (fillers etc). More than once shes had people phone 30 mins before appt with some emergency or other (in truth, its always cant afford it now), and shes had some who are just not home.

Then when she rings them they just ignore her calls. One customer was 25 miles away and was a no-show. Never even answered her calls afterwards to explain.
    Even had one lady who she could see hiding on the floor behind the settee when she was knocking the door. People just dont care about anyone else.
    Yeah. The idea that some people would agree to do something and then bin it when they get a better offer. That's just mental. That would never happen on here, would it!

For some reason this thread has reminded me I need to do some ironing.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Smelly = inconsiderate, yes?

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Oh, absolutely. Inconsiderate twats are the worst kinds of twats. But being zen about the twats makes life easier, I find.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    We've all ranted to whoever will listen when inconsiderate parents have not turned up at a party without letting us know.

I can imagine Mrs BigHouse thinking "**** em, I'll send them an invoice. That'll make the point". And it did!
    Oh, absolutely. Inconsiderate twats are the worst kinds of twats. But being zen about the twats makes life easier, I find.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    We've all ranted to whoever will listen when inconsiderate parents have not turned up at a party without letting us know.

I can imagine Mrs BigHouse thinking "**** em, I'll send them an invoice. That'll make the point". And it did!
    If I was Mr Littlehouse, I'd have just paid it, but made sure everyone in the school yard knew how desperate for £16 the Bighouses were.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    This is actually just the bitchy pettiness of the school gates being paraded in all it's glory

those with kids will know what I mean

+1. Even my my eldest's 4th BDP at a local club, simple affair, with a local lady who brought some animals, snake, spider, lizard, etc the kids loved it. 20 invites sent out, 11 didn't even bother to reply. It gets my goat people can be that rude, doesn't take much for a text or email to say yes/no. Mrs QH is more laissez-faire, just move on and don't bother inviting them next time.

qh

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    It's slightly different here in that the parent would have [I assume] first booked the venue, then invited people.

But I'm definitely not endorsing the invoicing. That's insane. Always plan for people being flakes.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I really can't even on this thread.

My kids are just getting past the big birthday party stage but we never had a problem and in addition we always felt if we want to throw a party then it will cost us money - whether everyone or no-one turned up it just the way it goes.

This is actually just the bitchy pettiness of the school gates being paraded in all it's glory

those with kids will know what I mean

Leave a comment:

Working...
X