• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panorama: Battle for British Islam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason that Muslim countries are all totalitarian impoverished regimes is because this state of affairs is ingrained in their culture.
    Good article on that here:

Muslims must shed their narrative of grievance - Telegraph

One reason is poor education, not simply exclusion of girls but emphasis on teaching Islamic issues instead of more useful skills. Maybe also, if you ban any questioning in one area, you may be stifling the ability to think independently in others. Lack of progress in middle ages Europe may illustrate this too.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It is apparently 72 virgins and 70 wives. I couldn't think of anything worse.

Virgins? What virgins? | Books | The Guardian

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        It is apparently 72 virgins and 70 wives. I couldn't think of anything worse.

So the virgins don't know what to do and the wives won't let you show them?
        That's Hell that is!
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

It is apparently 72 virgins and 70 wives.
          That's virgin on the ridiculous.

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

70 virgins seems a bit pointless. Aside from the allure of virgins being a bit weird in the first place, 70 virgins over the course of eternity isn't very many at all.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

http://www.theguardian.com/books/200...uardianreview5

Modern apologists of Islam try to downplay the evident materialism and sexual implications of such descriptions, but, as the Encyclopaedia of Islam says, even orthodox Muslim theologians such as al Ghazali (died 1111 CE) and Al-Ash'ari (died 935 CE) have "admitted sensual pleasures into paradise". The sensual pleasures are graphically elaborated by Al-Suyuti (died 1505 ), Koranic commentator and polymath. He wrote: "Each time we sleep with a houri we find her virgin. Besides, the penis of the Elected never softens. The erection is eternal; the sensation that you feel each time you make love is utterly delicious and out of this world and were you to experience it in this world you would faint. Each chosen one [ie Muslim] will marry seventy [sic] houris, besides the women he married on earth, and all will have appetising vaginas."

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Easy - put me off my lunch

Comment

Modern apologists of Islam try to downplay the evident materialism and sexual implications of such descriptions, but, as the Encyclopaedia of Islam says, even orthodox Muslim theologians such as al Ghazali (died 1111 CE) and Al-Ash'ari (died 935 CE) have "admitted sensual pleasures into paradise". The sensual pleasures are graphically elaborated by Al-Suyuti (died 1505 ), Koranic commentator and polymath. He wrote: "Each time we sleep with a houri we find her virgin. Besides, the penis of the Elected never softens. The erection is eternal; the sensation that you feel each time you make love is utterly delicious and out of this world and were you to experience it in this world you would faint. Each chosen one [ie Muslim] will marry seventy [sic] houris, besides the women he married on earth, and all will have appetising vaginas."

The males don't have it all their own way. The female theologian, Mary of Poppins wrote
                  'Each time we Houri out, we will be a vigin and we will soften the penises of the elected, by gum, and the erected elected will have appetising scrotums'
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    The males don't have it all their own way. The female theologian, Mary of Poppins wrote
                    'Each time we Houri out, we will be a vigin and we will soften the penises of the elected, by gum, and the erected elected will have appetising scrotums'

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      I struggle to understand how.

Comment

Working...
                      X