• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I think I may be cut out to be a contractor...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Implied by the fact you are going to Accident and EMERGENCY?

probably
    Accident AND Emergency - does that mean it's covering two separate areas or one combined? The former means he can go because it sure sounds like an accident even if it's no emergency. The latter means only those suffering from accidental emergencies should turn up
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Make your way up to Scotland. No queues and we'll even give you a free prescription

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
        Make your way up to Scotland. No queues and we'll even give you a free prescription
        Don't give the ***** an excuse to claim they're paying for it
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          ...counting down to the end of the day, so that I can drive 2 hours home from site to meet my Mrs who'll then take me to A&E, as recommended by NHS Direct and the first aider this morning.

I'm only 5 days into a new contract - no way could I lose a days billing AND risk losing the contract!

For the truly bored, I'd previously knackered my toenail on an endurance run last year. At one point it seemed to be sorting itself out, but to be honest, progress had stalled and I probably should have got it checked. This morning I managed to kick the absolute tulip out of it on the bed at the hotel and things went badly. Lots of blood, lots of pain and it appears that it's either exposed or caused bits of nail to be where nail shouldn't be. Definitely looks like it's gonna need some kind of surgical intervention to sort and 10 hours on it's still hurting a LOT.

The first aider offered to drive me to A&E, but I said we should ring NHS Direct first who confirmed that I should go. Bandaged myself up for work and now I get to look forward to spending Friday night with the damaged drunks. Yay.
          A real contrator would have called BUPA, arranged a stay over the weekend and be eating caviar and being fed grapes whilst one foot gets fixed and the other foot is manicured.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
            A real contrator would have called BUPA, arranged a stay over the weekend and be eating caviar and being fed grapes whilst one foot gets fixed and the other foot is manicured.
            I don't think BUPA covers these injuries as they classify them as A&E / Walk-in centre stuff.

Comment

Well I'm here - place is pretty dead, but they reckon an hour or so. Using the clutch was tough

Comment

Well I'm here - place is pretty dead, but they reckon an hour or so. Using the clutch was tough
                You have a manual and not an auto?

Deffo not cut out to be a contractor.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Accident AND Emergency - does that mean it's covering two separate areas or one combined? The former means he can go because it sure sounds like an accident even if it's no emergency. The latter means only those suffering from accidental emergencies should turn up
                  At my local main hospital, they've sorted out tricky philosophical questions like this by making the Walk-In Centre into the public entrance to A&E. When you show up at the desk they either get you to wait there, or send you straight through to triage if it clearly is, or may be, an emergency: kind of a preliminary triage stage. That way all the grazed knees never get any further than the WIC where they can be dealt with appropriately, and the people who need full A&E attention but can safely wait while the truly urgent cases are dealt with don't have to put up with a waiting room full of kids with saucepans on their heads.

As a bonus, this also removed a lot of pedestrian traffic from around the entrance where ambulance cases are brought in.

Comment

...counting down to the end of the day, so that I can drive 2 hours home from site to meet my Mrs who'll then take me to A&E, as recommended by NHS Direct and the first aider this morning.

I'm only 5 days into a new contract - no way could I lose a days billing AND risk losing the contract!

For the truly bored, I'd previously knackered my toenail on an endurance run last year. At one point it seemed to be sorting itself out, but to be honest, progress had stalled and I probably should have got it checked. This morning I managed to kick the absolute tulip out of it on the bed at the hotel and things went badly. Lots of blood, lots of pain and it appears that it's either exposed or caused bits of nail to be where nail shouldn't be. Definitely looks like it's gonna need some kind of surgical intervention to sort and 10 hours on it's still hurting a LOT.

The first aider offered to drive me to A&E, but I said we should ring NHS Direct first who confirmed that I should go. Bandaged myself up for work and now I get to look forward to spending Friday night with the damaged drunks. Yay.
                    What would MF do?

Comment

I stubbed my toe
                      FTFY
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X