• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cats Christmas Capers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cats Christmas Capers

Many people ask me 'are cats intelligent?'

I always reply in the same way - 'No. they are not'

But Oreo has made me think again. Last week, our Tupperware container full of chilles was on the kitchen floor. Mrs EO was mystified.
    That night, I was woken by a loud noise, I checked for intruders. nothing
    next morning , the missus found the Tupperware on the floor again.

The next morning, the rice from the Chinese was knocked off the worktop and scattered on the kitchen floor, the next evening my lamb tikka starters were knocked off, all over the floor, and one was taken.

To top it off this morning, a bowl with a plate covering it, for microwaving a pudding. The plate was removed and the bowl neatly upside down.

So here we have a cat that understands gravity, leverage and flipping a bowl by putting weight on the rim

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

He probably is putting strain on the rim if he's eating chilis and lamb tikka
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
      He probably is putting strain on the rim if he's eating chilis and lamb tikka
      that moustache he has is from my mussels in spicy tomato sauce.

he is a trencherman, that cat
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Can I borrow him? Something is chewing my shed to buggery.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

NorPussIII (RIP) used distraction techniques when I was cooking to get me out of the kitchen so he could half inch whatever was tastiest.

The most memorable occasion is when he pinched some ham and ran off with it, I couldn't find him anywhere, but eventually heard some noises from the litter tray.
          Now it wouldn't be the most hygienic place to take your plunder, but he had worked out it would be the last place I'd look and had neatly opened the packaging in such a way he could eat the ham without it touching the litter.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            that moustache he has is from my mussels in spicy tomato sauce.

he is a trencherman, that cat
            Ours likes garlic butter (licked off the garlic bread if you aren't paying attention) and madras sauce. Order a chicken madras with garlic naan and suddenly you've a new best friend.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Have you tried feeding the ******* thing so it doesn't forage for food

Someone call the NSPCA.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Have you tried feeding the ******* thing so it doesn't forage for food

Someone call the NSPCA.
                You never eat between meals? I find it hard to believe.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Ours likes garlic butter (licked off the garlic bread if you aren't paying attention) and madras sauce. Order a chicken madras with garlic naan and suddenly you've a new best friend.
                  NorPussII will eat anything and I mean anything, it does not have to be edible as we found out when he ate all our blind cords.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Ours is partial to Beef Bourguignon
                    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                    X