• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alexander Mann!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexander Mann!!

Pay a Month in arrears???? how is this Contracting?

How is it not? Grow up - it means that at the end of the gig you get an extra month's pay, doesn't it?

Jeez, if you can't cope with a tiny delay in your cashflow, go get a real job
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If you want cash upfront for your IT work, see Mrs Hewitt for a great deal.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Ltd

Comment

Well, hang on. 14 days is not unreasonable to ask for, is it?
          "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Not at all, if that's what you want - but if that offer isn't on the table, what is the problem? You still get all the money owed after all. There are much bigger things to worry about!
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
              Not at all, if that's what you want - but if that offer isn't on the table, what is the problem? You still get all the money owed after all. There are much bigger things to worry about!
              i disagree. i suffered a 30day payment rule here in holland and it really f*cks u up. especially when u were promised weekly payment.

your motivation suffers, you confidence in your employers/agent suffers, basically u think u are being done over.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
                Well, hang on. 14 days is not unreasonable to ask for, is it?
                Nor is 7 days

Then again you are a business and it is in your shareholders interest that you do everything within your power to ensure there are no undue risks involved with your companies income. If that means negotiating 7 day terms, then so be it.

Honestly, some of you call yourselves businessmen...more like businesschumps

Mailman

Comment

My invoices with my current agency are being paid the week they receive them. It is bliss, but it is also rare (for me at least).
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
                    i disagree. i suffered a 30day payment rule here in holland and it really f*cks u up. especially when u were promised weekly payment.

your motivation suffers, you confidence in your employers/agent suffers, basically u think u are being done over.
                    Makes you wonder why you bother sometimes, doesn't it?

If U were promised weekly payment, it will be in your contract. If it isn't, U weren't promised it. If it is and you don't get it, walk away or sue. And hey, they're still paying you a month after you finished. Ain't that great...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X