• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UKIP is wrong - I just changed my mind on the EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The term "foreign born" is meaningless.

If you actually bother to think about who counts as "foreign born" it includes people like:
    • Boris Johnson
    • Ugandan Indians who were chucked out of Ugandan in the 1970s and helped to bring us our extended shopping hours
    • OAPs who will happily tell you that they were born in India/Kenya/where ever but have British parents
    • Cliff Richard
    • Nigel Farage's wife - Kirsten
    • Nick Clegg's wife - Miriam González Durántez
    • Rita Ora
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Prince Philip
    • Eddie Izzard
    • Julian Fellowes
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I think that the quoted figure of 12M arriving is a bit exaggerated. I believe that the law of diminishing returns will influence the figures.The benefit of coming to the UK and finding work will be offset by the inability to receive medical treatment. Its becoming virtually impossible to get an appointment to see a doctor and the situation will get worse. I refuse to sign a contract unless I have the option, if required, to work from home on Friday just in case I need to visit my doctor in Belgium.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        The term "foreign born" is meaningless.

If you actually bother to think about who counts as "foreign born" it includes people like:
        • Boris Johnson
        • Ugandan Indians who were chucked out of Ugandan in the 1970s and helped to bring us our extended shopping hours
        • OAPs who will happily tell you that they were born in India/Kenya/where ever but have British parents
        • Cliff Richard
        • Nigel Farage's wife - Kirsten
        • Nick Clegg's wife - Miriam González Durántez
        • Rita Ora
        • Bradley Wiggins
        • Prince Philip
        • Eddie Izzard
        • Julian Fellowes
        That's all beside the point.

Millions more people is simply unsustainable. Do you think it can go on forever?

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
          I think that the quoted figure of 12M arriving is a bit exaggerated. I believe that the law of diminishing returns will influence the figures.The benefit of coming to the UK and finding work will be offset by the inability to receive medical treatment. Its becoming virtually impossible to get an appointment to see a doctor and the situation will get worse. I refuse to sign a contract unless I have the option, if required, to work from home on Friday just in case I need to visit my doctor in Belgium.
          What this says is that the mass influx of people will reduce once their extra pressure on services makes the country too unbearable to live in.

Comment

If you have more immigrants you have more services.

yeah I know it's obvious, but if you read the Daily Mail it sometimes gets missed.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

yeah I know it's obvious, but if you read the Daily Mail it sometimes gets missed.
              Not enough, as others have said.

And houses? Is land infinite?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Not enough, as others have said.

And houses? Is land infinite?
                Define enough....if your GDP goes down services get cut.
                Last edited by BlasterBates; 9 November 2014, 21:51.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

GDP is irrelevant. It's GDP per head that's important. Since we let in millions of unskilled foreigners, the GDP per head has been falling for years. Hence more people but poorer quality of life for everyone.

For many industries the minimum wage is the de facto maximum wage.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

...and GDP pre head is rising. It dropped significantly in 2009 for obvious reasons but has been rising steadily ever since.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

No you don't, you often get fewer services. Money that the British government is spending on providing benefits to these people is money that is not being spent on providing even existing services on the ones here paying the taxes.

yeah I know it's obvious, but if you read the Guardian it sometimes gets missed.

Comment

Working...
                      X