• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UKIP is wrong - I just changed my mind on the EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    They want a living wage now that the wages have gone up over there because all of their skilled people are taking the shop jobs our 'lazy unemployed' don't want.

It used to be a bowl of rice a day, now they want meat as well. How will we ever afford our corporate jets and bonuses?
    With the demand for certain skills in high demand but short supply, UK businesses are widening their reach to find the talent they need – as leading organisations look to Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines for new talent.

My point was why are they not hiring from eastern europe?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      With the demand for certain skills in high demand but short supply, UK businesses are widening their reach to find the talent they need – as leading organisations look to Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines for new talent.

My point was why are they not hiring from eastern europe?
      As I posted I assume the Eastern Europeans are now asking for too much money.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        As I posted I assume the Eastern Europeans are now asking for too much money.
        If you are an engineer from a top University in the UK you are not going to want to go and work for Dyson, National Grid, Mott Macdonald on pittance salaries for 20 years when you can get a job in retail, banking or consultancy that will see you on £100k by the time you are 30.

These engineering companies live on another planet and I reckon you are quite right. Eastern european engineers are probably earning more at Starbucks than they would at Dyson doing Engineering.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

If you are an engineer from a top University in the UK you are not going to want to go and work for Dyson, National Grid, Mott Macdonald on pittance salaries for 20 years when you can get a job in retail, banking or consultancy that will see you on £100k by the time you are 30.

These engineering companies live on another planet and I reckon you are quite right. Eastern european engineers are probably earning more at Starbucks than they would at Dyson doing Engineering.
          The average salary of an Engineer in Poland is 16K which is more than you'd earn at Starbucks on a pittance, and since the cost of living in Poland is lower you probably won't see many Polish Engineers in Starbucks.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            The average salary of an Engineer in Poland is 16K which is more than you'd earn at Starbucks on a pittance, and since the cost of living in Poland is lower you probably won't see many Polish Engineers in Starbucks.
            You wont see many of them working for Dyson either

Comment

You wont see many of them working for Dyson either
              You don't see many Europeans working for Dyson at all seeing as most of their manufacturing now takes place in the Far East. It seems only R&D and beancounting is performed in the UK now
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
              X