• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So...anybody ask for any of this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Fair in the sense that more will go to the government
    Ah, you mean Fair™.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
      The question was 'is it the official IPSE view'?
      And the4 answer was quite clearly "No".

Jeez this is hard work. Especially when you can ask the same question directly of the people who have the definitive answer.

Actually I'm sick of this collective willy waving. Enjoy your mutual paranoid fantasies, I'll go mow the lawn or something else more useful.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Jeez this is hard work. Especially when you can ask the same question directly of the people who have the definitive answer.

Actually I'm sick of this collective willy waving. Enjoy your mutual paranoid fantasies, I'll go mow the lawn or something else more useful.
        No, the answer quite clearly avoided the question. But we got there in the end.

Comment

Would this be on your forums? which I can only go on as a member? which costs £150???????

Freedom for all (who can afford it!)

Yay

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            The more I hear that it's a labour proposal floated ahead of an election, the less I'm worrying about it.
            May I refer you to this point I made earlier

Originally posted by eek View Post
            No its rapidly approaching the autumn statement so people are trying to claim glory ....

:
            This could well be seen as an utterly uncontentious idea so may be slipped into the autumn statement to show how everyone is making being a freelancer easier... After all its business friendly....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

So the FLC company type suggested within the IPSE manifesto sitting on the IPSE website is not IPSE policy.....
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Mal, we're crying out for information. We're (mostly) IT people, we like data, not empty reassurances.

This piece comes along, which seems to answer some of the questions we've been asking about what it is that's being proposed and why, but it's not from ipse, and is said not to match the official ipse view. So we have a view, but not ipse's.

The way to stop speculation is for ipse to give us their view. Which we've been told will be forthcoming later this week, but unfortunately this article beat you to it.

You're right, it is hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  So the FLC company type suggested within the IPSE manifesto sitting on the IPSE website is not IPSE policy.....
                  The CUK article is not a confirmed IPSE policy. It was not written by any of the CC, board or staff member.

Until IPSE tell anyone what the details are, and that should happen this week, then it remains the speculation of someone who helped create the organisation and has written a paper on the subject (which naturally involved discussions with the PCG).
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

It's all getting a bit Underpants Gnomes for me.

Step1: Propose FLC idea
                    Step2: ???
                    Step3: More members

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...nomes_plan.png

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      It's all getting a bit Underpants Gnomes for me.

Step1: Propose FLC idea
                      Step2: ???
                      Step3: More members

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...nomes_plan.png
                      What do we want?

When do we want it?
                      In the first budget of the next parliament!
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X