• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did anyone ever believe QE would be reversed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iceland ( a bigger economy than Scotland) let the biggest bank fail in 2009, they had 18 months of pain and then the economy started growing again for 3 years. Then in the last 2 years they reverted to old fashioned boom-bust model and now they're back tits up.

A controlled and partial default would be only a reset button for some of the parasite elite who doesn't really contribute to the economy anyway.

Another sensible solution would be allowing fracking in E14.
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
      Another sensible solution would be allowing fracking in E14.
      Not really - A lot of those cockneys swear too much as it is without encouraging even more effing and blinding in the East End!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Not really - A lot of those cockneys swear too much as it is without encouraging even more effing and blinding in the East End!
        I apologize for using British humour!

E14 = Canary Wharf, also known as the London's Square Mile, most of the (foreign based) elite parasite has inflated property over there. Fracking would deflate the area:
        Property prices soar in London's Square Mile - Telegraph
        <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
          I apologize for using British humour!

E14 = Canary Wharf, also known as the London's Square Mile, most of the (foreign based) elite parasite has inflated property over there. Fracking would deflate the area:
          Property prices soar in London's Square Mile - Telegraph
          I'm no expert on London's geography, but I'm fairly sure the Square Mile is actually quite a long way from Canary Wharf

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            I'm no expert on London's geography, but I'm fairly sure the Square Mile is actually quite a long way from Canary Wharf
            So where is it? I need to recalibrate my drones!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              If it's that useful why does the majority of it sit in vaults?

Iron ore is the most useful by the way.
              I love gold. All my life, I have been in love with its color, its brilliance, its divine heaviness.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                I love gold. All my life, I have been in love with its color, its brilliance, its divine heaviness.
                Gold vaults in UK are not safe (forgive the pun). I believe the best place if you really have tons of gold is to bury it in the garden. This won't work with silver though.

Comment

Originally posted by NickyBoy View Post
                  You realise that's a reset button that would cause more short term damage than ed balls and Ebola combined. Right?

Long term - probably the right thing to do.
                  I'd say reveal rather than cause damage. The booms are where much of the damage occurs, the busts expose it. The elite is desperate to halt the deflation bogeyman, however, so it will remain business as usual for central banks, only with some rebranding, e.g. Operation Twist.

Comment

Working...
                  X