• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did anyone ever believe QE would be reversed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have around 75,000 posts and you read most of them! Wow!

I have arrived on CUK - I have my very own stalker....
    Nope, you just repeat yourself an awful lot.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Bitcoin is starting to look like an attractive means of exchange for goods and trade all of sudden.
      Meanwhile real currency devalues day after day.
      For exchange of goods and services - yes. But in terms of long term saving - not sure I want to trust a sequence of ones and zeros (or sticks and holes as my oversexed colleague likes to call them). I would prefer something tangible. Gold?

Comment

But in terms of long term saving - not sure I want to trust a sequence of ones and zeros (or sticks and holes as my oversexed colleague likes to call them). I would prefer something tangible. Gold?
        Gold is as much use as bitcoins, both are exhaustible and not necessary for life.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Gold is as much use as bitcoins, both are exhaustible and not necessary for life.
          Uses of Gold in Industry, Medicine, Computers, Electronics, Jewelry

Of all the minerals mined from the Earth, none is more useful than gold.

HTH

Comment

Uses of Gold in Industry, Medicine, Computers, Electronics, Jewelry

Of all the minerals mined from the Earth, none is more useful than gold.

HTH
            If it's that useful why does the majority of it sit in vaults?

Iron ore is the most useful by the way.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Buy shares.
              The FTSE100 is now at the same level it was 16 years ago. Despite the blip it had earlier this week, that baby is only going to go up in the medium term.

Comment

There's no need for any reset button. All it takes is to be honest and declare the 10 biggest banks technically insolvent.
                <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
                  There's no need for any reset button. All it takes is to be honest and declare the 10 biggest banks technically insolvent.
                  You realise that's a reset button that would cause more short term damage than ed balls and Ebola combined. Right?

Long term - probably the right thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by NickyBoy View Post
                    You realise that's a reset button that would cause more short term damage than ed balls and Ebola combined. Right?

Long term - probably the right thing to do.
                    Early 1920s Germany - did hyper inflation do any real harm?

There was no recession. WW2 was caused by Treaty of Versailles and trying to keep war reparations up.

Not sure sure about Ebola wiping out 70% of people though. That would take decades or centuries to recover from.

Comment

Early 1920s Germany - did hyper inflation do any real harm?

There was no recession. WW2 was caused by Treaty of Versailles and trying to keep war reparations up.

Not sure sure about Ebola wiping out 70% of people though. That would take decades or centuries to recover from.
                      Between your inability to spot the Ebola/Ed-Balls comment as a continuation of a running joke in this thread and your wild jumping to some random event in Germany that doesn't even begin to capture the magnitude of the fallout of 10 of the largest banks suddenly stopping operating, I don't think there is a single redeemable feature of your post.

Comment

Working...
                      X