• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did anyone ever believe QE would be reversed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone ever believe QE would be reversed?

World economy so damaged it may need permanent QE - Telegraph

Keep the printing presses going - hyper inflation is the only way out

Well something is going to have to hit the reset button on a massive scale, the last time that was really done was WW2.

Being realistic the way money and credit functions was busted wide open around 2008, I have been wondering what will happen long term.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      World economy so damaged it may need permanent QE - Telegraph

Keep the printing presses going - hyper inflation is the only way out
      That would be the hyper inflation you've been banging on about for several years, which still hasn't happened?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Purely because the money is sitting in bank vaults. Besides, asset markets have been very frothy for a while now and a lot of central bank activity has been to exercise demand for and therefore subsidise government and other debtors and assets, like distressed mortgages. So just because the money hasn't leaked out, due to a perceived death of creditworthy borrowers and very targeted CB activity doesn't mean it won't happen when it enters the rest of the economy, unless of course there's a big debt contraction beforehand.

London's frothy property market is just one microcosm of bubbles activist central banks have helped instigate but for the time being it's constrained to the asset wealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          EBOLA <- Big Red Reset Button.
          Next Labour Govt <- Bigger Red Reset Button.

Comment

The financial (and other) commentary in the DT seems to have taken an absolute turd in the last year or so.

Comment

More on the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Next Labour Govt <- Bigger Red Reset Button.
                Better off with Ebola tbh..

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  That would be the hyper inflation you've been banging on about for several years, which still hasn't happened?
                  I have around 75,000 posts and you read most of them! Wow!

I have arrived on CUK - I have my very own stalker....

Comment

Bitcoin is starting to look like an attractive means of exchange for goods and trade all of sudden.

Meanwhile real currency devalues day after day. If you're at work earning in a currency whose central bank supports an active QE program then you're effectively trying to head upwards climbing the downwards escalator. In other words your efforts will not lead to progress and prosperity, which is exactly what the rich want.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X