• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Matrix

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but Mr Snipes got done for tax evasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Yeah but Mr Snipes got done for tax evasion.
      Didn't really seem to hurt him that much though. He was quite lucky as it could have been more than 3 years:

On February 1, 2008, Snipes was acquitted on the felony count of conspiracy to defraud the government and on the felony count of filing a false claim with the government. He was, however, found guilty on three misdemeanor counts of failing to file federal income tax returns (and acquitted on three other "failure to file" charges).
      Americans seem to find no difficulty in banging someone up for tax crimes so I wonder what Chris Moyles and that Keating chappie will get from the UK government?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Didn't really seem to hurt him that much though. He was quite lucky as it could have been more than 3 years:

Americans seem to find no difficulty in banging someone up for tax crimes so I wonder what Chris Moyles and that Keating chappie will get from the UK government?
        Erm there's a difference between tax avoidance and evasion, just saying like...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Erm there's a difference between tax avoidance and evasion, just saying like...
          I know, the letters d and c
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Back OT ...

The original Matrix film was a brilliant as the sequels were poor. It promised so much but in the end neither the second or third films got anywhere close to the original. It was a true cult classic - and always good to watch with decent surround (esp. the Morpheus rescue sequence )

Very telling that I only own the first on disk.
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

Yeah the sequels were a whole other story really. Good that they didn't just re-hash the film but it went a bit weird for my taste. The original stands out as a classic action film - not overly complicated/clever unlike the other 2. Although lots of the sequences in the sequels were fantastic.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                Back OT ...

The original Matrix film was a brilliant as the sequels were poor. It promised so much but in the end neither the second or third films got anywhere close to the original. It was a true cult classic - and always good to watch with decent surround (esp. the Morpheus rescue sequence )

Very telling that I only own the first on disk.
                Yeah - it shows you don't appreciate good SF. Seriously, I've often seen that when the general public don't like a sci-fi film, it's because it's proper sci-fi, not soap or cowboys or a love-story set in space. For a given value of "proper" of course.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I thought the first one was really good. A good match of the action inside the matrix with the slo-mo bullet-time and wire-fighting etc, and the stuff outside in the real world which frames those bits. The second one was still ok but was starting to focus more on the real world than the matrix, and the third continued that further, and that was the problem for me, those bits just weren't as interesting as the matrix parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    I thought the first one was really good. A good match of the action inside the matrix with the slo-mo bullet-time and wire-fighting etc, and the stuff outside in the real world which frames those bits. The second one was still ok but was starting to focus more on the real world than the matrix, and the third continued that further, and that was the problem for me, those bits just weren't as interesting as the matrix parts.
                    +1
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

agree - I have them all on bluray - sound and visuals are quality

the first is a complete classic and essential watching

the other two are okay films but are not as groundbreaking

Comment

Working...
                      X