• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it eccentric to want a tuna baguette for breakfast

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs!
    Is there a name for egg+smoked salmon in a muffin? Eggs something-or-other?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Is there a name for egg+smoked salmon in a muffin? Eggs something-or-other?
      Are you thinking of Eggs Benedict perhaps, normally muffins, streaky bacon, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce but:
      Eggs Atlantic, eggs Hemingway, or eggs Copenhagen (also known as eggs Royale and eggs Montreal in New Zealand) substitutes salmon (or smoked salmon) for the ham. This is a common variation found in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom. This is also known as "eggs Benjamin" in a few restaurants in Canada.
      Eggs Benedict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs!
        Yup - Virgin First Class has pretty much broken me. When the wife offered me Weetabix or Toast last weekend I had to bail out and get brunch out.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          Yup - Virgin First Class has pretty much broken me. When the wife offered me Weetabix or Toast last weekend I had to bail out and get brunch out.
          your wife gets you breakfast - what sort of a Victorian household do you live in?

Comment

Originally posted by Goatfell View Post
            Are you thinking of Eggs Benedict perhaps, normally muffins, streaky bacon, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce but:

Eggs Benedict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            Ah, I thought it had a different name and Benedict required ham.

I had a really nice variant in Scotland called Eggs Stornoway which replaced the ham with a nice piece of black pudding.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              your wife gets you breakfast - what sort of a Victorian household do you live in?

Not quite, but she does take care of the online shopping while I'm working away so I have to ask what's around on weekends.

Comment

Working...
              X