• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fluffed My Interview Lines - Gutted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Oh do **** off.
    Indeed and that's the polite version. Shame the mods and admin condone this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      Thanks for the largely constructive comments.

My concern and frustration is that this was the first sniff of any role and I cocked it up. Probably being a little harsh on myself but have nothing else at all on the horizon...
      These things happen

Onwards and upwards! Rising on stepping stones of your dead self to higher things, and all that

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Oh do **** off.
        Agreed.

I'm laughing over the summer house with an oven.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Agreed.

I know, a Rayburn would have been more fitting.
          I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
            Go and do something creative and earth out those negative energies.

I like to retreat into my fictional CUK persona and bore people to tears.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

So I had my first interview this week after 6 weeks looking and totally messed it up. I knew straight after the interview that the responses I gave should have been different, and I should have known how to respond better, and am so kicking myself now.

Needless to say, didn't get the role (local and top notch rate) - Feel bit deflated as my one chance at the moment to secure a role

I shall keep looking, probably have a break today and over the weekend, fresh again next week. Any inspirational words welcome...
              I really wouldn't be too tough on yourself. I have had some awful interviews for jobs I really wanted. But I do find that I will get a role out of every 2 or 3 interviews. So don't let it bother you.

Also even if you had given a great interview doesn't mean you would have got the job. I have a few over the years where I thought I was great only to be told no. Usually because somebody else had already worked there and they knew them.

On the flip side I have had some bad interviews and got the role. You never can tell. So keep at it and sure you will get one soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Lemsip and a wank. Cures everything.
                Not great for a bladder infection or UTI.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Fluffed My Interview Lines - Gutted
                  Interview lines? Riiiiight....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Agreed.

The oven's in the house

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                    I know, a Rayburn would have been more fitting.
                    You're correct on that one. I do all my baking in a Rayburn.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                      The oven's in the fantasy

You're correct on that one. I do all my bullshiit lying on CUK.
                      FTFY - Liar.

Comment

Working...
                      X