• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fluffed My Interview Lines - Gutted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Your google-fu is mighty indeed.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Smell of Germoline gets me going...

Comment

Go and do something creative and earth out those negative energies.

I like to retreat into my summerhouse at times like these and do some water colours or perhaps bake a cake.

Go and do something you enjoy doing and forget about the travails of contract hunting.

I'm sure your pecker will be back up in no time at all :

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          So I had my first interview this week after 6 weeks looking and totally messed it up. I knew straight after the interview that the responses I gave should have been different, and I should have known how to respond better, and am so kicking myself now.

Needless to say, didn't get the role (local and top notch rate) - Feel bit deflated as my one chance at the moment to secure a role

I shall keep looking, probably have a break today and over the weekend, fresh again next week. Any inspirational words welcome...
          We've all had off days, where nothing went right, the wrong things were said and there's nowt on the horizon.

Put it behind, you and focus on the next one and there will be one. All we can do is keep plugging.

Enjoy the weekend and get back in the saddle on Monday!
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Thanks for the largely constructive comments.

My concern and frustration is that this was the first sniff of any role and I cocked it up. Probably being a little harsh on myself but have nothing else at all on the horizon...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
              Thanks for the largely constructive comments.

My concern and frustration is that this was the first sniff of any role and I cocked it up. Probably being a little harsh on myself but have nothing else at all on the horizon...
              But you have a horizon! Keep walking and something will come into sight soon.

Comment

Dont worry, I have done that 3 times for the same client ( also local and awesome rate)

Interview 1: The worse flu i have ever had, interviewed while off my current contract sick in bed.
                Interview 2: Cut my hand on the way in without noticing and covered my face, shirt and the desk in bloody handprints
                Interview 3: Went on a rant about a technology stack in my last place, to later discover that is what they are planning to use but wasn't on the spec.

Some things just aren't meant to be

Comment

Maybe you should have fluffed the interviewer.

Better luck next time.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Is this General or a Cuddle Party?

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                      Go and do something creative and earth out those negative energies.

I like to retreat into my summerhouse at times like these and do some water colours or perhaps bake a cake.

Go and do something you enjoy doing and forget about the travails of contract hunting.

I'm sure your pecker will be back up in no time at all :
                      Oh do **** off.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X