• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you give up your eldest for free WiFi ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    In fact it's such a good deal my daughter (who lives in the same house) has blown 79 quid on it too. Darn it.
    Same here, two in the household have it. Until this thread I thought I could cancel any time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      So how did Amazon Prime stitch you up?

Enquiring minds wish to know.

Ben: Oh, what you will have done is, when it flashed up on your screen, ‘Do you want to watch Bangkok Chick-boys?’ you must have pressed the button that said ‘yes’.
      Alan: Yeah, well, as I say, it’s very confusing.

Comment

In my case I signed up to what I understood to be a thirty day free trial. I set up a reminder to cancel before the thirty days expired.

My account got debited immediately I signed up.

When I attempted to cancel amazon said, in a nutshell, "you can cancel but you are not due a refund. Or you can stick around for the rest of the year. Your call, dimwit".

Presumably ( because I can't be arsed to investigate further) I had signed up for 365 days of Amazon Prime at £79 plus a free thirty days.

Comment

Didn't VistaPrint have some similar scam? Basically the offer of a 'free' £10 voucher off your next order but the small print signed you up for some other £10/month rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            ... I do believe child slavery is a bit naughty. ...
            Only because of outdated employment laws.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

In my case I signed up to what I understood to be a thirty day free trial. I set up a reminder to cancel before the thirty days expired.

When I attempted to cancel amazon said, in a nutshell, "you can cancel but you are not due a refund. Or you can stick around for the rest of the year. Your call, dimwit".

Presumably ( because I can't be arsed to investigate further) I had signed up for 365 days of Amazon Prime at £79 plus a free thirty days.
              If I did that to you on the street you'd be entitled to thump me.

And report me to the police.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Well maybe there was something in the T&Cs about it only bring free for the first time (this was my second). I dunno.

I'm not meaning to whine about it. Honest.

Comment

I don't think that's quite the case, or at least, shouldn't be.

I signed up for the free trial [by accident] and immediately checked my settings.

The 'Payment History' bit showed the date my card would be debited [after the free month], but I forgot to cancel it.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    I don't think that's quite the case, or at least, shouldn't be.

I signed up for the free trial [by accident] and immediately checked my settings.

The 'Payment History' bit showed the date my card would be debited [after the free month], but I forgot to cancel it.
                    WMPS

Amazon are very big on their customer service and wary of bad publicity so if they made a mistake contact them. However if you made a mistake suck it up.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Signed up for what I thought was 30 day free trial on Aug 21. set a reminder for Sep 18 but actually tried to cancel on Sep 16.

Money went from account Aug 21.

Comment

Working...
                      X