• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you give up your eldest for free WiFi ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    suckers
    I've managed to convince myself it's actually a great deal.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

In fact it's such a good deal my daughter (who lives in the same house) has blown 79 quid on it too. Darn it.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
        In fact it's such a good deal my daughter (who lives in the same house) has blown 79 quid on it too. Darn it.
        It's cheaper than the alternative solution of her using your account.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          I've managed to convince myself it's actually a great deal.
          I've tried to convince MrsDude of that - but she's not having it.

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
            I've tried to convince MrsDude of that - but she's not having it.
            Order her random presents on it.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Order her random presents on it.
              +1

Cos you get free delivery now.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                A premise of contract law is that (even if both parties agreed) it can’t break the law & I do believe child slavery is a bit naughty.

As for terms within a contract that go against the premise of the contract: if both parties agree its fine.
                That's a premise of UK contract law, if that applies in other countries is entirely a different matter.

I believe that US law tends to work far more to the letter of the contract than may be considered sensible in the UK.

Reading small print when there's a raft of it and it's not really accessible (like on a small mobile screen) is a challenge at best, in truth I doubt more than 1 person in 50 would actually bother to skim read it and unlikely more than 1 in a thousand would read any EULA type doc to a detailed level.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Plus contract terms are not legally binding if they're plain illegal, as for example giving away your first born.
                  Is it actually illegal to give away your first born?

I could think of a few parents who wouldn't mind, cost of education and all that...
                  Last edited by Sysman; 30 September 2014, 17:43.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

The usual rate of 1 pound equals 1 dollar?:

Amazon (AMZN) announced the annual membership will now cost $99 a year, up from $79. A student membership will cost $49 annually.
                    link

Comment

Not reading web T&Cs does have real risks. And I say that as a reluctant member of Amazon Prime for another 51 weeks.
                      So how did Amazon Prime stitch you up?

Enquiring minds wish to know.

Comment

Working...
                      X