• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Would you give up your eldest for free WiFi ?"

Collapse

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Yep. Schoolboy error I imagine.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    Signed up for what I thought was 30 day free trial on Aug 21. set a reminder for Sep 18 but actually tried to cancel on Sep 16.

Money went from account Aug 21.
    There's the issue I'd imagine

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Signed up for what I thought was 30 day free trial on Aug 21. set a reminder for Sep 18 but actually tried to cancel on Sep 16.

Money went from account Aug 21.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I don't think that's quite the case, or at least, shouldn't be.

I signed up for the free trial [by accident] and immediately checked my settings.

The 'Payment History' bit showed the date my card would be debited [after the free month], but I forgot to cancel it.
    WMPS

Amazon are very big on their customer service and wary of bad publicity so if they made a mistake contact them. However if you made a mistake suck it up.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    In my case I signed up to what I understood to be a thirty day free trial. I set up a reminder to cancel before the thirty days expired.

My account got debited immediately I signed up.

When I attempted to cancel amazon said, in a nutshell, "you can cancel but you are not due a refund. Or you can stick around for the rest of the year. Your call, dimwit".

Presumably ( because I can't be arsed to investigate further) I had signed up for 365 days of Amazon Prime at £79 plus a free thirty days.
    I don't think that's quite the case, or at least, shouldn't be.

I signed up for the free trial [by accident] and immediately checked my settings.

The 'Payment History' bit showed the date my card would be debited [after the free month], but I forgot to cancel it.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Well maybe there was something in the T&Cs about it only bring free for the first time (this was my second). I dunno.

I'm not meaning to whine about it. Honest.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    In my case I signed up to what I understood to be a thirty day free trial. I set up a reminder to cancel before the thirty days expired.

When I attempted to cancel amazon said, in a nutshell, "you can cancel but you are not due a refund. Or you can stick around for the rest of the year. Your call, dimwit".

Presumably ( because I can't be arsed to investigate further) I had signed up for 365 days of Amazon Prime at £79 plus a free thirty days.
    If I did that to you on the street you'd be entitled to thump me.

And report me to the police.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    ... I do believe child slavery is a bit naughty. ...
    Only because of outdated employment laws.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Didn't VistaPrint have some similar scam? Basically the offer of a 'free' £10 voucher off your next order but the small print signed you up for some other £10/month rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    So how did Amazon Prime stitch you up?

Enquiring minds wish to know.

Ben: Oh, what you will have done is, when it flashed up on your screen, ‘Do you want to watch Bangkok Chick-boys?’ you must have pressed the button that said ‘yes’.
    Alan: Yeah, well, as I say, it’s very confusing.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    In fact it's such a good deal my daughter (who lives in the same house) has blown 79 quid on it too. Darn it.
    Same here, two in the household have it. Until this thread I thought I could cancel any time.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Not reading web T&Cs does have real risks. And I say that as a reluctant member of Amazon Prime for another 51 weeks.
    So how did Amazon Prime stitch you up?

Enquiring minds wish to know.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    In fact it's such a good deal my daughter (who lives in the same house) has blown 79 quid on it too. Darn it.
    The usual rate of 1 pound equals 1 dollar?:

Amazon (AMZN) announced the annual membership will now cost $99 a year, up from $79. A student membership will cost $49 annually.
    link

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Plus contract terms are not legally binding if they're plain illegal, as for example giving away your first born.
    Is it actually illegal to give away your first born?

I could think of a few parents who wouldn't mind, cost of education and all that...
    Last edited by Sysman; 30 September 2014, 17:43.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X