• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM: To Kate McCaan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem the McCanns have is they are not likeable people, they are somewhat narcissistic. That means rightly or wrongly people are more likely to pour scorn on them, I don't think class has anything to do with it.

Most people know leaving your children alone is a no no, being able to do that while having a meal out shows some lack of morality/care, it's not normal. IMHO.
    Last edited by ZARDOZ; 30 September 2014, 08:50.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Surely there's a middle ground of people feeling enormous sympathy for what these people have gone through, coupled with having an opinion on the fact they left their children more or less unattended, making it easier for whoever took her, to do so.

Before we make judgements about leaving our children unattended is anyone going to claim that they have never left their child unattended?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
        The problem the McCanns have is they are not likeable people, they are somewhat narcissistic. That means rightly or wrongly people are more likely to poor scorn on them, I don't think class has anything to do with it.

Most people know leaving your children alone is a no no, being able to do that while having a meal out shows some lack of morality/care, it's not normal. IMHO.
        Why are they narcissistic? expalin
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Before we make judgements about leaving our children unattended is anyone going to claim that they have never left their child unattended?
          Yep. Other than asleep in the next room he's been with someone who has had a duty of care every day for the past nearly 3 years.

We're not all as negligent as you.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
            The problem the McCanns have is they are not likeable people, they are somewhat narcissistic. That means rightly or wrongly people are more likely to pour scorn on them, I don't think class has anything to do with it.

So they deserve to have their kid kidnapped by paedos and/or murdered?

Comment

Is this where I say no, and you say 'BUT MARY you SURELY go downstairs when your kid is asleep? Yes?? Aha! In which case, I have you bang to rights.'
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Depends how you're going to define attended. If you're going to use some ludicrous being in the same room and awake which is un-achievable then of course no-one will.

If by unattended you mean not within the same dwelling/area/earshot/sightline then yes I'm sure plenty can claim that.

My 3 sons always had one of their parents or a trusted babysitter within reasonable attendance range at all times until they were old enough to deal with the world solo.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                  So they deserve to have their kid kidnapped by paedos and/or murdered?
                  Nobody deserves that to happen.

If the kids had been cared for it wouldn't have happened.

Comment

I absolutely couldn't.

I can only hope that some day I can be as good a parent as the CUK posse
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

If the kids had been cared for it wouldn't have happened.
                      +1

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X