• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brillo's Brutal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    The route goes up the railway track from Llanberis to the summit. They are required to use headtorches.

Not to take away from the madness of attempting it and the acheivement of completing it.

Well done BP. Personally, I think the route should have been Miner's track then Crib Goch
    That's the route the annual Snowdon race takes. Course record is about 62 minutes to the top and back to llanberis iirc

Comment

well Gone Brillo!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        God, I hope he finishes soon. Mrs BP has been keeping the local rugby teams (home & away) and the pie eating club busy for hours. Knackered now.
        I know how does she carry enough pies to keep you fat slobs from eating the table?

Leave Brillo alone, if he needs a challenge from you I'm sure he is up for a eat all you like buffet where you might have a chance.

Comment

Nice one, Scourer!

Comment

Fookinell

Nice one Brillo.

Comment

You sure he is doing the Brutal? this looks like his work!

'Gimp Man of Essex': Rubber fetishist dresses in gimp suit around town to raise money for charity and spark debate on stereotypes  | Daily Mail Online

'Gimp Man of Essex': Rubber fetishist dresses in gimp suit around town to raise money for charity and spark debate on stereotypes
              Essex man wants to challenge stereotypes on sex and fetishes like BDSM
              Wears full rubber bondage suit and walks around streets of Essex towns
              Has raised more than £800 for mental health charity Colchester Mind
              Donates £1 every time someone uploads photo with him to Facebook page
              Most reaction is friendly, though some brand him a 'paedophile or pervert'
              Not even his wife and children know about his alter-ego's exploits

Comment

Well done Brillo - you're crazy. I just can't even comprehend it to be honest - serious fitness.

Comment

Many thanks all for the comments. Especially to MS for putting the updates up.

I completed the Brutal in 19 hours 25 minutes. 27th overall, 4th in 50+. When climbing Snowdon at midnight in pitch black, 30 degree incline, after 17 hours of exercise and 19 hours of getting up one has to dig very deep. Many thanks to my crew for keeping me going by remaining chipper throughout. I am now taking lessons onboard so I can think about what to do next.

There are several who think the brutal is the toughest challenge on the planet for the distance. I can well believe it. The best bit is that there are 2 run sections, Snowdon and the lake. The lake bit "only" involves an ascent of about 300 feet! Try doing the waterfall section in the dark with a head torch!

Apologies for not posting earlier - I wanted to spend as much time as possible with Baby BP today. And I had to sleep. And drive back to London.

Suggestions welcome for a better hobby for me. Crochet? Spend some proper time on CUK? Championship eating?
                  Last edited by BrilloPad; 22 September 2014, 00:04.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I completed the Brutal in 19 hours 25 minutes. 27th overall, 4th in 50+.
                    Great job, BP!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Suggestions welcome for a better hobby for me. Crochet? Spend some proper time on CUK? Championship eating?
                      Something a bit more lightweight?

Take your pick from the Linky.

Bonkers bloke - but have a or two

Comment

Working...
                      X