• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was the Scotland vote rigged?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    Yes rock away ... this is part two of the deal ... You get your devo-max and you can lower the pension age to 65 and give away free uni places. Barnett is finished and you can raise income tax in on Scottish residents to pay for it.

I predict they never will.
    The Scottish Parliament can currently raise taxes to pay for anything they like including saving the NHS in Scotland.

Strangely they haven't done so yet.......
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
      Since Scotland is still part of the UK, the oil belongs to the UK. I would have preferred independence but the extra powers and generous Barnett formula will have to do If you don't want us to go and stand on our own then we'll suck every penny out of you.
      Oh. Did we forget to tell you about the Barnett formula?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        The Scottish Parliament can currently raise taxes to pay for anything they like including saving the NHS in Scotland.

Strangely they haven't done so yet.......
        We don't need to raise taxes to pay for anything like free prescriptions, council tax frozen for 7 years, free tuition fees, free care for the elderly, etc., thanks to the generous subsidies from our near neighbours

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
          We don't need to raise taxes to pay for anything like free prescriptions, council tax frozen for 7 years, free tuition fees, free care for the elderly, etc., thanks to the generous subsidies from our near neighbours
          We're banking on you dying early.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            We're banking on you dying early.
            I've denied myself deep fried Mars bars just to live a bit longer to annoy you

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
              I've denied myself deep fried Mars bars just to live a bit longer to annoy you
              You need to soak the buckie up with something.

Comment

If nothing changes there will be a huge backlash and polls will reveal the Yes vote surging.
                And if your granny had balls she'd be your grandad.

Change WILL happen, why not wait and see?
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  You need to soak the buckie up with something.
                  I've only ever tasted Buckie once and that was in England 35 years ago.

Comment

Still more than No

HTH
                    Pity the question wasn't "Should Glasgow have independence?"

The debate is over, you ******* lost!

Now, live with it. No ifs, no buts, you came second, the first of the losers!

Show some backbone!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Pity the question wasn't "Should Glasgow have independence?"

The debate is over, you ******* lost!

Now, live with it. No ifs, no buts, you came second, the first of the losers!

Show some backbone!
                      The fightback has begun. The grassroots movement is growing and planning ahead under the #the45 and #the45plus hashtags. We know we have 1.6 million supporters in the Yes movement. The other 2m are split between the other parties and some have already said they now regret voting no and will join up.

The SNP have added 5,000 members and the Green Party 2,000 since Thursday. Most of them were Labour supporters who can't stomach the fact the leadership colluded with the Tories.

Comment

Working...
                      X