• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New treat for F1 fans without Sky Sports

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I've been tempted to get one purely because they often come with 5 sports day-passes. Do they work well? I've got the PS3 so am not sure if it's any benefit.
    I use mine as a player to stream from the plex media server that I run on my NAS. Gives a decent front-end to it all (similar to the plex web version), and means that I don't have another big box cluttering up the place.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      You can't get that any more. The f1 with he option disappeared in May 2013
      If they take it away from existing customers I'll be off.
      Motor sports are the only ones I watch.
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
        If they take it away from existing customers I'll be off.
        Motor sports are the only ones I watch.
        We upgraded, then downgraded and lost it. Then we just left...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Currently I have sat sitting under the telly a defunct Sky HD box (managed to cancel after much wrangling and threats to take to the ombudsman)
          I find that odd. We got a "free Sky+ TV for a year if you take Sky Broadband" deal where they fitted the dish and gave us everything except sport and movies, but they didn't put up any fight at all when I said we wanted to cancel, a few months back. Then yesterday they called up out of the blue and said "hey, do you fancy that package for free again, for another 12 months?"
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            We upgraded, then downgraded and lost it. Then we just left...
            There's always<mod snip> Free Live Sports Streams on your PC. Watch Live Football, MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL and more...[/url], not that I'd ever approve of its use or use it myself.
            Last edited by cojak; 19 September 2014, 13:55. Reason: Of course you don't...
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
              There's always<mod snip> Free Live Sports Streams on your PC. Watch Live Football, MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL and more...[/url], not that I'd ever approve of its use or use it myself.
              +1 for wizwig

ahem not the I advocate stealing

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                +1 for wizwig

ahem not the I advocate stealing
                The NASCAR coverage is usually very good, for Nationwide and Sprint Cup, so I'm told.

Comment

Well that was an entertaining race, and interesting turn in season. Would anyone bet on it NOT going down to the final race now?

Nice to see it levelled up for the last few races, basically start over for a 5-race tussle now.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X