• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hillsborough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You obviously have never been in a crowded situation.
    WSS. Is it truly people actively shoving, or just the nature of a very large group of people compacted into a small area?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      WSS. Is it truly people actively shoving, or just the nature of a very large group of people compacted into a small area?
      "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

K, MIB

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
        "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

K, MIB

qh

Yeah, that's the sort of thing. I was very nearly pushed onto the tracks on a platform at Baker Street [a man grabbed me thankfully]; not through conscious pushing by anyone, but by the awful crowd mentality. It's therefore difficult to see how blame can be apportioned to the fans.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I remember a very crowded night in AndyW's mum.
          FTFY
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            Yeah, that's the sort of thing. I was very nearly pushed onto the tracks on a platform at Baker Street [a man grabbed me thankfully]; not through conscious pushing by anyone, but by the awful crowd mentality. It's therefore difficult to see how blame can be apportioned to the fans.
            They had a history of acting like yobbos, see Heysel disaster only a couple of years earlier. So it's difficult to see how blame cannot be apportioned to the fans

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
              They had a history of acting like yobbos, see Heysel disaster only a couple of years earlier. So it's difficult to see how blame cannot be apportioned to the fans
              Friend of mine (Liverpool Fan) was at the European Cup final in Athens when they won it, there was congestion at the turnstiles there due to dodgy ticketing there.

He told me that the Greek officials where asking genuine tickets holders at the Liverpool end to hold their tickets up in the air for inspection and when they did other Scousers were nicking them from their hands...

Scallies!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Did a load of them steam in without tickets?
                We didn't need tickets, we were all welcomed with open arms legs.
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                  Not the brightest candle are you.

Your suggesting that the same people where involved with both tragedies? Think about what your saying.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Friend of mine (Liverpool Fan) was at the European Cup final in Athens when they won it, there was congestion at the turnstiles there due to dodgy ticketing there.

He told me that the Greek officials where asking genuine tickets holders at the Liverpool end to hold their tickets up in the air for inspection and when they did other Scousers were nicking them from their hands...

Scallies!
                    That's some made up stuff.

So your saying a person holds up a ticket and it's pinched by the person next to him or close proximity. So you think that person who just had his ticket pinched isn't going to do something about it.

Do you think the police watching fans hold up their tickets for inspection wont notice this.

Your mate is a dick and so are you for believing him or making this story up.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      That's some made up stuff.

So your saying a person holds up a ticket and it's pinched by the person next to him or close proximity. So you think that person who just had his ticket pinched isn't going to do something about it.

Do you think the police watching fans hold up their tickets for inspection wont notice this.

Your mate is a dick and so are you for believing him or making this story up.
                      So tell us what you saw when as you were there too.

Comment

Working...
                      X