• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft buys minecraft

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much money do they think they are going to make and how to pay that wedge back?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      how much money do they think they are going to make and how to pay that wedge back?
      Monetisation through server licensing?
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        My kids love playing this for its simplicity, collaboration and design experience. I just hope Microsoft don't do a Facebook and start spamming adverts all over it.
        If you are paying for it upfront, I doubt it. Also don't see a reason MS would break it.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          If you are paying for it upfront, I doubt it. Also don't see a reason MS would break it.
          I hope Microsoft fix the blocky graphics.

Comment

Not sure if MS are late to the party. 54 Million users I believe.

Not sure how much further Minecraft can go.

I agree there are a lot of users but the money has been made IMHO.

It is a huge user base to spam ads at though.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Here's an interesting analysis on Gamasutra: Gamasutra - Understanding what Minecraft really means to Microsoft

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Here's an interesting analysis on Gamasutra: Gamasutra - Understanding what Minecraft really means to Microsoft
                so they have bought a market of 65 million users that have spent a one off £15.

assuming they charge them £15 a year they break even in 3-5 years, assuming everyone pays up.

not seeing it personally.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  so they have bought a market of 65 million users that have spent a one off £15.

assuming they charge them £15 a year they break even in 3-5 years, assuming everyone pays up.

not seeing it personally.
                  My kids have minecraft books. There are other merchandising possibilities. Maybe a film?

And the main market is still growing.

And baby bp wanted the minecraft ds game when he saw it in Asda. £30. Whem told no he cried - Mrs BP has got it as his main present for his birthday.

Comment

Working...
                  X